Government of West Bengal
School Education Department
Planning & Budget Branch
Bikash Bhavan, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700 091
No. 279-SE(P&B)/5B-14/2011 Dated: 05.08.2013.
From: Shri A.K.Haldar, Assistant Secretary to the Govt. of West Bengal.
To: The Commissioner, School Education, West Bengal, Bikash Bhavan, 7th Floor, Kolkata-700 091.
Sub: Grant of Ad-hoc Bonus to the employees of State-Aided Non-Govt. Educational Institutions and other Sponsored/ Aided Organization for the year 2012-2013.
The undersigned is directed by order of the Governor to say that the Governor is pleased to decide that all whole-time approved teaching and non-teaching staff of recognized aided/ sponsored Non-Govt. Educational Institutions and other sponsored/ aided organizations as are enlisted in the statement annexed hereto who are not covered by any of the productivity linked Bonus Scheme and whose revised emoluments did not exceed Rs. 22000/- per month as on 31st March, 2013, will be entitled to ad-hoc bonus for the accounting year 2012-2013 at the rate of Rs. 2600/- per head. The upper eligibility ceiling of Rs. 22,000/- p.m. as on 31st March, 2013 will be applicable irrespective of whether the emoluments are drawn in the pre-revised or revised scale of pay or on fixed/ consolidated contract pay.
2. The benefit will be admissible subject to the following terms and conditions :
i) Ad-hoc Bonus admissible under this order will be worked out on the basis of emoluments as admissible on 31.03.2013 on the employees drawing pay and allowances in terms of the Revision of Pay and Allowances of Non-Government Educational Institution Employees 2009 the term ‘revised emoluments’ in this order will mean and include pay in the pay band plus the grade pay in the revised pay structure and includes the non-practicing allowance, if any, Dearness Allowances, but will not include any other pay and other allowance such as house rent allowance, medical allowance, compensatory allowances, etc.
For those who are drawing pay and allowances in the un-revised scale, the term ’emoluments’ will mean and include basic pay, personal pay, special pay (additional remuneration), dearness pay, dearness allowance, deputation (duty) allowance, Steno Allowance but will not include specialist pay and other allowances such as house rent allowance, medical allowance, compensatory allowance, etc. For those who are drawing remuneration on contract basis, the term ‘revised emoluments’ will mean the consolidated contract pay drawn by them.
ii) The employees whose revised emoluments on 31.03.2013 exceeded Rs. 22,000/- p.m. but during the year 2012-2013 their emoluments at least for six months were less than Rs. 22,000/- p.m. i.e. the said emoluments exceeded the eligibility ceiling of Rs. 22,000/ – p.m. on account of promotion, drawal of increment, implementation of C.A. scheme, enhancement of dearness allowance etc. after remaining less than Rs. 22,000/- p.m. for at least six months, will be entitled to ad-hoc bonus of Rs.2600/- per head tinder this order.
iii) The employees who were in service on 31.03.2013 and rendered at least six months continuous service during the year 2012-2013 will be eligible for payment of ad-hoc bonus tinder this order.
Pro-rata payment will be admissible in such cases to the eligible employees for periods of continuous service during the year ranging from six months to full year, the eligibility period being taken in terms of number of months of service (rounded of to the nearest number of months). A fraction of 15 days or more should be counted as one month.
iv) The amount of ad-hoc bonus on pro-rata payment as admissible under 2(iii) above will have to be calculated according to the following formula
Emoluments as on 31st March, 2013 X Eligibility period in number of months/ 12
= The amount of ad-hoc bonus, subject to maximum amount of Rs. 2600/- only.
3. The Governor is also pleased to direct that the teaching and non-teaching staff of the Dearness Allowance Getting Anglo Indian Schools, Dearness Allowance Getting Primary Junior Basic, Pre-Basic (Nursery) Schools and Dearness Allowance Getting Sanskrit Tols aid Dearness Allowance Getting staff of Aided Primary Schools may be paid Ad-hoc bonus for the year 2012-2013 subject to the following conditions:-
i) Only those employees who were in service on 31.03.2013, and have rendered at least 6 months of continuous service during the year 2012-2013 and also who emoluments did not exceed Rs. 22,000/- per month, as on 31.03.2013 will be eligible to get ad-hoc bonus under this order.
ii) Admissible amount of ad-hoc bonus, should be calculated on the basis of dearness allowance component admissible to the employees on 31.03.2013 and should be restricted to the maximum amount of Rs. 2600/- only.
iii) If any school authority sanctions ad-hoc bonus/ex-gratia to their employees out of their own funds over and above the amount sanctioned tinder this order, the sum total of the Government share as is being agreed to plus the school-share will not exceed the maximum amount payable to the teaching and non-teaching employees in Govt. And Govt. Aided schools drawing corresponding emoluments.
iv) The State Government will bear the expenditure on this account only up to the portion of the amount computed on the basis of the dearness allowance component as borne by the State Government.
4. The Governor is further pleased to direct that such whole-time approved teaching and non-teaching staff of recognized Aided/ Sponsored Non-Government Educational Institutions and other Sponsored/ Aided Organizations as re enlisted in the statement annexed hereto and in paragraph 3 of this order, who superannuated or died-in-harness before the 31st March, 2013 after completing at least 6 months’ regular service during the year 2012-2013 shall be eligible for ad-hoc bonus sanctioned in this order on pro-rata basis provided their emoluments on the date of superannuation/ died-in-harness did not exceed Rs. 22,000/- per month.
5. The Ad-hoc bonus sanctioned hereinabove should be disbursed as early as possible before the Durga Puja Festival. Such amount may be drawn in a supplementary bill. The Muslim employees of the State-aided Non-Govt. Educational Institutions and other Sponsored/ Aided Organizations who will opt for drawing the benefit of ad-hoc bonus before the Id-Ul-Fitre Festival to be celebrated in the month of August, 2013 may draw the ad-hoc bonus in a supplementary bill as stated above. In case of failure, the disbursement should be made as early as possible before the festival of Durga Puja/ Id-Ul-Fitre.
6. The charge on this account shall be debitable to the detailed head, “Ad-hoc Bonus” under the respective minor and sub-heads subordinate to the major heads “2202-General Education” and “2204-Sports and Youth Services” in the budget for the year 2013-2014.
7. The Governor is also pleased to direct that the benefit of the Ad-hoc Bonus sanctioned under this order will also be available to the different categories of employees under administrative control of this Department who had been allowed the same in the last year.
8. As advised further reference/ concurrence of Finance Department, Group “P” is not necessary in terms of Finance (Audit) Department Memo No. 6066-F(P) dated 30th July, 2013.
9. The Pr. Accountant General, West Bengal, the Pay & Accounts Officer, Kolkata Pay & Accounts Office and the Treasury Officers are being informed.
Sd/- A.K. Haldar