Bonus to Employees of Educational Institutions, 2017
School Education, Bonus
Government of West Bengal
School Education Department
Planning & Budget Branch
Bikash Bhavan, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700 091
No. 201-SE(P&B)/5B-14/2011 Dated: the 20th June, 2017
From: Assistant Secretary to the Govt. of West Bengal.
To: The Commissioner, School Education, West Bengal,
Bikash Bhavan, 7th Floor, Kolkata – 700 091.
Sub: Grant of Ad-hoc Bonus to the employees of State-Aided Non-Govt. Educational Institutions and other Sponsored/ Aided Organization for the year 2016-2017.
The undersigned is directed by order of the Governor to say that the Governor is pleased to decide that all whole-time approved teaching and non-teaching staff of recognized aided/ sponsored Non-Govt. Educational Institutions and other sponsored/ aided organizations as are enlisted in the statement annexed hereto who are not covered by any of the productivity linked Bonus Scheme and whose revised emoluments did not exceed Rs. 26,000/- per month as on 31st March, 2017, will be entitled to ad-hoc bonus for the accounting year 2016-2017 at the rate of Rs. 3600/- per head. The upper eligibility ceiling of Rs. 26,000/- p.m. as on 31st March, 2017 will be applicable irrespective of whether the emoluments are drawn in the pre-revised or revised scale of pay or on fixed/consolidated contract pay.
2. The benefit will be admissible subject to the following terms and conditions:
i) Ad-hoc Bonus admissible under this order will be worked out on the basis of emoluments as admissible on 31.03.2017 on the employees drawing pay and allowances in terms of the Revision of Pay and Allowances of Non-Government Educational Institution Employees 2009 the term ‘revised emoluments’ in this order will mean and include pay in the pay band plus the grade pay in the revised pay structure and includes the non-practicing allowance, if any, Dearness Allowances, but will not include any other pay and other allowance such as house rent allowance, medical allowance, compensatory allowances, etc.
For those who are drawing pay and allowances in the un-revised scale, the term ’emoluments’ will mean and include basic pay, personal pay, special pay (additional remuneration), dearness pay, dearness allowance, deputation (duty) allowance, Steno Allowance but will not include specialist pay and other allowances such as house rent allowance, medical allowance, compensatory allowance, etc. For those who are drawing remuneration on contract basis, the term ‘revised emoluments’ will mean the consolidated contract pay drawn by them.
ii) The employees whose revised emoluments on 31.03.2017 exceeded Rs. 26,000/-p.m. but during the year 2016-2017 their emoluments at least for six months were
ii) The employees whose revised emoluments on 31.03.2017 exceeded Rs. 26,000/-p.m. but during the year 2016-2017 their emoluments at least for six months were less than Rs. 26,000/- p.m. i.e. the said emoluments exceeded the eligibility ceiling of Rs.26,000/- p.m. on account of promotion, drawal of increment, implementation of C.A. scheme, enhancement of dearness allowance etc. after remaining less than Rs. 26,000/- p.m. for at least six months, will be entitled to ad-hoc bonus of Rs. 3,600/- per head under this order.
iii) The employees who were in service on 31.03.2017 and rendered at least six months continuous service during the year 2016-2017 will be eligible for payment of ad-hoc bonus under this order.
Pro-rata payment will be admissible in such cases to the eligible employees for periods of continuous service during the year ranging from six months to full year, the eligibility period being taken in terms of number of months of service (rounded of to the nearest number of months). A fraction of 15 days or more should be counted as one month.
iv) The amount of ad-hoc bonus on pro-rata payment as admissible under 2(iii) above will have to be calculated according to the following formula:-
Emoluments as on 31st March, 2017 X Eligibility period in number of months./ 12
= The amount of ad-hoc bonus, subject to maximum amount of Rs. 3600/- only.
3. The Governor is also pleased to direct that the teaching and non-teaching staff of the Dearness Allowance Getting Anglo Indian Schools, Dearness Allowance Getting Primary Junior Basic, Pre-Basic (Nursery) Schools and Dearness Allowance Getting Sanskrit Tols aid Dearness Allowance Getting staff of Aided Primary Schools may be paid Ad-hoc bonus for the year 2016-2017 subject to the following conditions:-
i) Only those employees who were in service on 31.03.2017, and have rendered at least 6 months of continuous service during the year 2016-2017 and also who emoluments did not exceed Rs. 26,000/- per month, as on 31.03.2017 will be eligible to get ad-hoc bonus under this order.
ii) Admissible amount of ad-hoc bonus, should be calculated on the basis of dearness allowance component admissible to the employees on 31.03.2017 and should be restricted to the maximum amount of Rs. 3600/- only.
iii) If any school authority sanctions ad-hoc bonus/ ex-gratia to their employees out of their own funds over and above the amount sanctioned under this order, the sum total of the Government share as is being agreed to plus the school-share will not exceed the maximum amount payable to the teaching and non-teaching employees in Govt. And Govt. Aided schools drawing corresponding emoluments.
iv) The State Government will bear the expenditure on this account only up to the portion of the amount computed on the basis of the dearness allowance component as borne by the State Government.
4. The Governor is further pleased to direct that such whole-time approved teaching and non-teaching staff of recognized Aided/Sponsored Non-Government Educational Institutions and other Sponsored/Aided Organizations as re enlisted in the statement annexed hereto and in paragraph 3 of this order, who superannuated or died-in-harness before the 31st March, 2017 after completing at least 6 months’ regular service during the year 2016-2017 shall be eligible for ad-hoc bonus sanctioned in this order on pro-rata basis provided their emoluments on the date of superannuation/ died-in-harness did not exceed Rs. 26,000/- per month.
5. The disbursement of Ad-hoc bonus sanctioned hereinabove should be made in case of Muslim employees of the State-aided Non-Govt. Educational Institutions and other Sponsored/ Aided Organizations by 19th June, 2017 and in case of other wholetime approved teaching and non-teaching staff of recognized Aided/Sponsored Non-Government Educational Institutions and other Sponsored/ Aided Organizations (other than Muslims), such disbursement should be made in between 11th September, 2017 to 18th September, 2017. In case of failure, the disbursement shall be made as early as possible before the Id-Ul-Fitre/ Durga Puja Festival.
6. The charge on this account shall be debited to the detailed head, “Ad-hoc Bonus” under the respective minor and sub-heads subordinate to the major heads “2202-General Education” and “2204-Sports and Youth Services” in the budget for the year 2016-2017.
7. The Governor is also pleased to direct that the benefit of the Ad-hoc Bonus sanctioned under this order will also be available to the different categories of employees under administrative control of this Department who had been allowed the same in the last year in accordance with Finance Department’s Memo No. 3143(65)-F(P2) dated 13/06/2016
8. In terms of Finance (Audit) Department Memo No. 3707-F(P2)/FA/0/2M/493/12 dated 13/06/2017, further reference/concurrence of Finance Department, Group “P2” is not required.
9. The Pr. Accountant General, West Bengal, the Pay & Accounts Officer, Kolkata Pay & Accounts Office and the Treasury Officers are being informed.
Sd/- Assistant Secretary
Statement to G.O. No. 201-SE(P&B)/5B-14/2011 dated: 20/06/2017
Commissioner, School Education, W.B is requested to forward copies for information to the following:
Approved whole-time teaching and non-teaching employees of recognized Non-Govt. Jr. High Schools, High Schools and Higher Secondary Schools including Govt. Sponsored Institutions.
Approved Part-time Craft teachers of recognized Non-Govt. Junior High Schools, High School (including erstwhile Senior Basic Schools, if any).
Approved Whole-time Ayas of recognized Co-educational Schools who are in receipt of D.A. etc. sanctioned by the Govt.
Approved whole-time teaching and non-teaching staff including temporary teachers appointed against deputation vacancies of aided/recognized Primary Junior Basic, Pre-Basic (Nursery) Schools, Pre-Primary Schools.
Approved whole-time teaching and non-teaching staff of Govt. Sponsored Primary Teachers’ Training Institutes, Aided Sr. Training Schools, School Mother Training Centres and other types of approved Primary Training Institutes.
Approved Part-time Craft Instructors of Primary Teachers’ Training Institutes.
Approved Employees of District Schools Board/ District Primary School Council/Siliguri Mahakuma Primary School Council/West Bengal Board of Primary Education.
Approved Whole-time employees of the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education and the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education.
Approved whole-time teaching and non-teaching staff of recognized non-Govt. Senior, High and Junior High Madrasah.
Approved whole-time teaching and non-teaching staff of recognized Non-Govt. Sanskrit Tols.
Approved teaching and non-teaching staff of the Dearness Allowance Getting Primary/Secondary Anglo Indian Schools.
Approved teaching and non-teaching staff of C.M. Schools.
Approved Teaching and Non-teaching staff of the Dearness Allowance Getting Anglo Indian Schools, Dearness Allowance Getting Primary Junior Basic, Pre-Basic (Nursery) Schools and Dearness Allowance Getting Sanskrit Tols and Dearness Allowance Getting staff of Aided Primary Schools.
Sd/- Assistant Secretary
No. 201-SE dated 20.06.2017