GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
Department of Power and Non-conventional Energy Sources
New Secretariat Buildings, 7th Floor, Block ‘A’
1, K. S. Roy Road, Kolkata – 700 001.
No. 377-Power/III/3R-l2/2005 Dated, Kolkata, the 26th September 2005
In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (n) of sub-section (2) of section 180 of the Electricity Act, 2003 (36 of 2003), the Governor is pleased hereby to make the following rules regarding the manner of delivery of notice, order or document under the Act, namely-
1. Short title and commencement
(1) These rules may be called the Means of delivery of notice, order or document Rules, 2005
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
(1) In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires,-
(a) ‘Act’ means the Electricity Act, 2003;
(b) ‘Section’ means a section of the Act;
(2) Words and expression used and not defined in these rules but defined in the Act, shall have the meanings respectively assigned to them in the Act.
3. Means of delivery of notice, order or document
Every notice, order or document by or under this Act required, or authorised to be addressed to any person may in addition to the means provided in sub-section (1) of section 171 may also be delivered by any of the following means-
(a) through special messenger after obtaining signed acknowledgement receipt therefor; or
(b) by telegraphic message; or
(c) by fax; or
(d) by e-mail.
By order of the Governor,
Sd/- SUNIL MITRA
Principal Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal