Nomination of General Provident Fund – Submission to AGWB
A subscriber shall at the time of joining the G.P. Fund, send to the AG,WB, a nomination in prescribed Form conferring on one or more persons the right to receive the amount that may stand to his credit in the Fund, in the event of his death.
Published in Accountant General, West Bengal Tags: Provident Fund
A subscriber of General Provident Fund shall at the time of joining the fund, submit Nomination Form to the Accountant General, West Bengal in prescribed Form [FIRST SCHEDULE, Rule 8(3)], conferring one or more persons, the right to receive the amount that may stand to his credit in the fund, in the event of his death before that amount has become payable or having become payable has not been paid provided that if at the time of making the nomination, the subscriber has a family, the nomination shall not be in favour of any person or persons other than the members of his family. A nomination shall become invalid in case of a subscriber who had no family at the time of nomination, subsequently acquires a family. If a subscriber nominates more than one person he will have to specify the amount of share payable to each of them. [Rule 8(1) & 8(2) of GPF (WBS) Rules]. There is provision for alternative nominee also i.e. the person or persons who will receive the amount in the case of nominee predeceasing the subscriber. Every nomination shall be made in the Form set forth in the First Schedule [Rule 8(1)(3) read with G.O. No. 10004-F dated 22.11.1985] and a subscriber may at any time cancel a nomination by submitting a fresh nomination.
The nomination form duly filled in and signed shall be submitted by the subscriber to the Head of the Office. The Head of the Office shall keep the same in his office in case of Group-D employees only after putting his signature on the same and mentioning date of receipt. In other cases i.e. Group-A, B and C employees) the nomination forms are to be forwarded to Accountant General, West Bengal by the head of the office.
i) In the case of male subscriber, the wife or wives and children of a subscriber and the widow or widows and children of a deceased son of a subscriber provided that if a subscriber proves that his wife has been legally separated from him or has ceased under the customary law of the community to which she belongs to be entitled to maintenance, she shall thenceforth be deemed to be no longer a member of the subscribers family in matters to which these rules relate unless the subscriber subsequently indicates by express notification in writing to the Accounts Officer that she shall continue to be so regarded.
ii) In the case of female subscriber the husband and children of a subscriber and the widow or widows and children of a deceased son of a subscriber, provided that if a subscriber by notification in writing to the Accounts Officer express her desire to exclude her husband from her family, the husband shall thenceforth be deemed to be no longer a member of the subscriber’s family in matters to which these rules relate unless the subscriber subsequently cancels formally in writing her notification excluding him. [See Rule 2(c) of GPF (WBS) Rules].
A subscriber is requested to go through the following instructions before submitting the Nomination form to Accountant General, West Bengal:
- The name and full permanent address of the nominee would be noted in column-1 of nomination form.
- The nomination may be submitted in printed form revised under Govt. of West Bengal, Finance Department notification No. 10004-F dated 22.11.1985, first schedule, [see rule 8(3)].
- The relationship of the nominee with the subscriber and not of the subscriber with the nominee should be noted in column-2 of the nomination form.
- Column-5 should not be filled in with the words “on the nominee predeceasing the nominator” i.e. death of nominee should not be mentioned as Contingency.
- In the case of subscriber having no family, column-5 should be filled in with the works “on my acquiring a family” as defined in rule-2 of the GPF (WB Services) Rules. For married subscriber where spouse is the nominee, Contingency may be written as “in the event of the nominees becoming insane” or “in the event of divorce” or “legal separation between the subscriber and the nominee” and/or “remarriage of the nominee”, and where son/daughter only is the nominee, contingency may be written as “in the event of the nominee’s becoming insane”.
- A subscriber with a family cannot nominate a person who is not a member of his family. A subscriber with a family consisting of more than one member is also debarred from nominating a person who is not a member of his family as an alternative nominee. Column-6 of the form should be filled in with the name, address and relationship of alternative nominee including share in the absence of which the column should be filled in with the words “none at present”.
A subscriber with a family consisting of one member only may, however, nominate a non-family person as an alternative nominee. But in such a case specific cause to the effect that power conferred upon the alternative nominee will cease as soon as another family member is acquired, is to be inserted in column 6 of the nomination form below the name of the alternative nominee.
A subscriber having no family can, however, nominate any person he may choose. The reasons for nominating any person other than the family members should be indicated.
- The date of signature of the two witnessess would not differ from the date of signature of the subscriber.
- The subscriber should sign with date at the place provided at the foot of the nomination form and indicate his Account No. at the Head of Form.
- The signature of the subscriber with date at the foot of the nomination form should be transliterated into English, if it is in a vernacular language.
- Date and place of executing the nomination should be quoted at the space provided for.
- A subscriber himself/herself cannot be alternative nominee but one nominee may be the contingent nominee of the other and vice versa.
- All corrections and overwritings should be attested by the nominator himself/herself under his/her full signature with date.
- If only one person is nominated, the words “in full” should be mentioned in column-4. If more than one person is nominated in as alternative nominee, the same procedure should be followed.
- Head of account in detail to which pay and allowances are debited, date of birth, date of joining, father’s/ husbands name of the applicant should be ‘quoted in the application form for admission to G. P. Fund. For married female subscriber, husband’s name should be furnished.
Download: Nomination Form, Source