Government of West Bengal
Department of Higher Education
College Sponsored Branch
Bikash Bhavan, SaltLake, Kolkata- 700 091
No. 804-Edn(CS)/10M-95/14 Date: 13/05/2019
Sub: Online admissions for the Academic Session 2019-20 to all UG & PG Courses
The results of the West Bengal Higher Secondary Examination 2019 are expected to be announced shortly. This Department has received queries from different colleges regarding the admission modalities to be followed by them for the ensuing academic session 2019-20.
Considering the success achieved in online admission process, and in view of the fact that the requisite infrastructure has already been put in place in the State’s higher education institutions, it is hereby informed to all concerned that admissions to all Under Graduate and Post Graduate courses (Honours and General) in the State-funded higher education institutions in West Bengal for the ensuing academic session 2019-20 will be made online (stand-alone mode) as per the modalities detailed below:
1) On-line admission process should be done based on merit. Prospective students should not be called for counseling or verification of documents during the process of admission. No physical presence will be required at the colleges/ university (if any).
2) Eligible applicants should be informed directly by the college authorities through letter or e-mail or telecommunication.
3) Payment of fees should be done only through e-payment or designated banks and not physically at the colleges.
4) List of eligible applicants should be handed over to the designated bank branches for verification during payment through banks. Banks will receive admission fees on the basis of merit list.
5) All testimonials are required to be uploaded online during application. Verification of documents, if required, should be done only when the students report for the classes in due course. Admission will be cancelled if the documents are found not in conformity with the declaration in the forms submitted on-line.
Vice-Chancellors of all State-aided Universities are requested to take necessary steps in this regard, including issuing suitable instructions to all the affiliated institutions.
This advisory does not apply to admission to teacher training courses such as B.Ed., B.P.Ed., M.Ed. or M.P.Ed. etc., for which a separate Notification has been issued.
Joint Secretary to the
Govt. of West Bengal