Promotion Policy for Gram Panchayat, Samity and ZP Employees
Panchayats & Rural Development. Promotion.
Government of West Bengal
Panchayats & Rural Development Department
Joint Administrative Building (8th Floor)
HC-7, Sector-III, Bidhan Nagar, Kolkata-700106
Memo. No. 499/PN/O/III/2E-62/09 Dated: 07.03.2017
Whereas promotional aspects in respect of the employees of Gram Panchayat, Panchayat Samity and Zilla Parishad have been dealt with in the West Bengal Panchayat (Recruitment of Employees of Gram Panchayat) Rules, 2007, West Bengal Panchayat (Recruitment of Employees of Panchayat Samiti) Rules, 2007 and West Bengal Panchayat (Recruitment and Conditions of Appointment of Employees of Zilla Parishad) Rules, 1997 respectively.
And whereas a well-defined and clear cut guideline on extending promotion for the employees of G.P., P.S. and Zilla Parishad is not laid down clearly in the said Recruitment Rules.
Now, therefore after careful consideration of all aspects and in exercise of power conferred under said Rules, the Governor is pleased to frame the following policy for the G.P., P.S. and Z.P. employees in Gr. A. Gr. B and C posts for extending promotion benefits.
1) The eligible candidates shall be required to appear in a written test for 50 (fifty) marks for the purpose of awarding promotion.
2) The qualifying marks required for promotion shall be 15 out of 50 in the written test.
3) The APR of the candidates for last three years (1st April to 31st March) shall be considered at the time of preparation of panel of prospective candidates.
4) 50 point roster shall be maintained strictly.
5) There should not be any break in service, vigilance case or any adverse report including Disciplinary/ Criminal proceedings against the employee.
6) The prospective candidate must have submitted the ‘Declaration of Assets as on 1st day of January’ for last three years before the competent authority within scheduled date.
7) Number of candidates for the post will be five times of the available vacancies. In case of insufficiency in number of eligible candidates, the minimum requirement may be waived off’ by the DLSC.
8) If a candidate, fails to secure qualifying marks in the written test, he or she shall not be considered for promotion.
9) The promotion benefits shall be extended to all the Group A, B and C employees from the date of the occurrence of the vacancy.
10) The appointing authority shall initiate the process of promotion at least sixty day s prior to the occurrence of actual vacancy.
11) The promotion order should explicitly mention the reason for vacancy (superannuation, death or otherwise) along with the name of the employee due to whom the resultant vacancy has arisen and the date from which the promotion is being given effect to.
This order issues in suitable modification of previous orders/ clarifications in similar matters including memo.no. 155(361)P.N./O/Cell III/2E-65/ 2004 dated 12th January 2005 of this Deptt. memo. No. 3734/PN/O/III/2E-62/09 dated 03.07.2012 and memo. no. 3199/PN/O/III/2E-104/08 dated 06.08.2008. memo. no. 4124/PN/O/III/2E-104/08 dated 29.09.2008 and memo. no. 557/PN/O/III/2E-10/2016 dated 26.02.2016 and takes effect from the date of issue of this order.
By order of the Governor,
Sd/- Soumya Purkait
Special Secretary to the
Govt. of West Bengal
No. 499-PN dated 07.03.2017