Government of West Bengal
State Health & Family Welfare Department
Swasthya Bhavan, GN-29, Sector-V, Salt Lake
Kolkata – 700091
Memo No: H/SFWB/11M-07-2013/1458, Date: 10/07/2013
The referral support protocols of the children from 0-18 years under Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram (RBSK) have already been outlined vide Memo. No. HST/11-S-01-2012/961 dated 14/6/13.
This accords top priority to management of referred children, screened for 4 Ds (Defects at birth, Deficiency, Diseases of childhood and Developmental delay including disabilities) by the mobile health teams under RBSK.
This issues in continuation of the aforementioned memorandum with emphasis on the following.
- The entitlements to free of cost services for the RBSK/ School health referrals should be made mandatory.
- The necessary directives may be issued and all personnel manning registration counters should be sensitized for facilitating easy access to management of the RBSK referrals.
- All medical colleges (except IPGMER), dental colleges situated in Kolkata should act as routine referral centres for Kolkata district for the children screened by mobile health teams.
- The existing Neuro developmental Clinic at IPGMER has heretofore been designated as District Early Intervention Centre for Kolkata district and a Nodal centre for RBSK for the state and the region.
- The Asst. Superintendent, designated as Nodal Officer, RBSK, will be responsible for facilitating and monitoring fruitful outcomes in case of the children referred. A help desk has to function on the days (i.e. Tuesday and Thursday), earmarked for routine referrals. The mobile number RBSK Nodal Officer and a landline number of the RBSK help desk has to be intimated urgently within 16/7/2013 to the undersigned at the mail ID: email@example.com
The necessary tagging of districts/boroughs with the tertiary institutions will be circulated shortly.
Sd/- Director of Medical Education & e.o. Secretary