For any query, ask here: Rules and Regulations for D.El.Ed Course, Session 2012-14
West Bengal Board of Primary Education
Acharya Prafulla Chandra Bhavan
DK 7/1, Sector II, Salt Lake City, Kolkata 700 091
Phone: (033) 2321 1201/1202, 2359 8099/8135, 2334 8983
No. 768/BPE/2012, Date: 20.06.2012
In continuation of our Advertisement/Notification for admission, dated 13th September, 2012, it is informed that the candidates facing difficulty in collecting Information Booklet-cum-Application Form from the Primary Teachers’ Training Institutes may download the forms from www.wbsed.gov.in The downloaded application forms, duly filled in should be dropped into the DROP BOX, kept at the West Bengal Board of Primary Education within the stipulated date and time along with a Bank Draft of Rs. 300/- (Rupees three hundred) only (Rs. 150/- for SC/ST/OBC/PH) drawn on a Nationalized Bank in favour of West Bengal Board of Primary Education payable at Kolkata. Applications, sent by post, courier services or any other means, will not be accepted for consideration.
Sd/- Dr. R.C. Bagchi
Rules & Regulations for Admission to Two Year D.El.Ed Course in the Session, 2012-14
A Candidate applying for admission to the Two Year D. El. Ed. Course in an institution, recognized by the NCTE, and affiliated to the WBBPE:
1. should be an Indian citizen.
2. should pass the H.S (+2) Examination or its equivalent from any recognized Board/Council/University with at least 50% marks in the aggregate. There is, however, a relaxation of 5% marks for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PH categories.
3. Should be at least 18 years old on or before 01.07.2012 and should not be above 35 years of age (40 years of age for SC/ST/OBC/PH) as on 01.07.2012.
4. A candidate, opting for admission to a Bengali/ Urdu/ Hindi/ Nepali medium institution, must have studied the language at the Higher Secondary level as a compulsory subject.
5. 4% (i.e. two out of fifty) of the seats shall be earmarked for candidates coming from the Vocational Stream Course (+2 Level) under any Board/University/Council or its equivalent, regardless of categories.
a) Such vocational candidates should have studied at least two languages including English at the +2-stage.
b) Such vocational candidates should score at least 50% marks at the +2-stage.
6. Such vocational — course — pass — candidates, however, shall not be eligible for other 48 (96%) seats under any conditions of backwardness or physical disability.
7. Reservation of seats shall be made as per the following guidelines.
|Scheduled Caste||22%||11 out of fifty|
|Scheduled Tribe||06%||03 out of fifty|
|Other Backward Classes||07%||04 0ut of fifty|
|Physically Handicapped||03%||02 out of fifty|
|General/ Unreserved||58%||28 out of fifty|
|Vocational||04%||02 out of fifty|
8. The course fees and admission fees as will be set by the WBBPE/Government of West Bengal, shall have to be strictly followed, otherwise stern action will be taken up by the appropriate authority.
9. Ten (10) percent seats of the total number of students of a Private Institution shall be reserved as ‘Management Quota’. No such reservation will be there in case of a Government/Government Sponsored/Govt. Aided institution. In case of such reservations, admission procedures and other terms and conditions for admission, as prescribed, should also be maintained strictly.
10. How to fill in the application form: The applicant should go through the information booklet and the application form carefully before starting filling in. It is advisable to photocopy it first and fill in the photocopy before filling the actual application form. Applicant should use only ball point pen with black ink to fill in the application form. Overwriting or usage of white ink should be avoided. For Sl. No. A, B, C, D, E, F, H the applicant should leave 1 (one) box free between every two words.
All the prefixes like Mr., Mrs., Sri, Smt., Kumari etc. should be strictly avoided while filling in the names.
For G, the date of birth of the candidate should be in the form of DD MM YYYY. Suppose the date of birth of an applicant is 9th August 1972, then the form should be filled in as 09081972.
For I, the name of the examination should be Higher Secondary or as mentioned in the Mark-sheet of other Boards or Councils. The total marks obtained should be the aggregate of the best five including First and Second Language but excluding EVS.
[For example: A students has passed the Higher Secondary Examination with following scores:
First Language – 50 Second Language – 78 Political Science – 60 Geography – 55 History – 70
Philosophy (Optional Elective) – 90 EVS – 79
Now the calculation of percentage shall be made on the basis of (50+78+90+70+60)/5 = 69.6%. Notable: He/she has scored more marks in Geography, but in order to keep the two language papers for calculation, a better performance (55 in Geography) has to be kept off. Again the number in EVS cannot be taken for calculation.]
Candidates applying for admission to two-year D.El.Ed. Course may mention their higher qualification, if any.
For K, no marks for Higher Qualification.
For L, the applicant should put his or her full signature in English.
For M, the applicant should paste his or her recent passport size (3.5 cms. X 4.5 cms.) photograph in the space provided. The photograph should not be stapled or pinned. Attestation of photograph of the applicant must be done by the applicant himself or herself by signing across the photograph at the bottom after it is pasted so that a part of the signature appears outside the photograph.
For the items G, H and I above, attestation/certification should be done by the Head of the Institute from where the applicant passed his or her Higher Secondary or its equivalent examination.
11. Mode of Selection:
In order of merit on the basis of the percentage of the marks obtained at the Higher Secondary Examination (+2 stage) calculated as per the above example.
12. Course Fee:
The Course Fee for a Government Institution shall be as per the existing fees structure of the West Bengal Board of Primary Education.
For the Un-aided Private Institutions it shall be @ Rs. 12,000/- (Rupees twelve thousand) only per quarter in addition to Rs. 1,000/- (Rupees one thousand) only per month as Hostel Fees.
13. Availability of Forms: Information Booklet-cum-Application Form shall be available immediately after the Advertisement/Notification with the Heads of the Institutions (List of the Institutions enclosed) on payment of Rs. 300/- (Rs. 150/- for SC/ST/OBC/PH) by cash.
14. Last Date of Submission of Application Form: Within September 20, 2012.
No. 768 dated 20.06.2012, Source