Transfer Policy of Engineer Officers under PHE Directorate
Published in Public Health Engineering. Tags: Transfer.
GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
PUBLIC HEALTH ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
NEW SECRETARIAT BUILDINGS (7th FLOOR), KOLKATA-700 001
No. PHE/2178/5/2B/2018 Dated: Kolkata 5th October, 2018
Sub:- Transfer and Posting Policy of the Engineer Officers (Civil/Mech./Elect.) (from Junior Engineer up to Superintending Engineer) under Public Health Engineering Directorate, Government of West Bengal
The matter of Transfer and Posting Policy of the Engineer Officers (Civil/ Mech./ Elect.) (front Junior Engineer up to Superintending Engineer) of the Public Health Engineering Directorate, Govt. of West Bengal under this Department belonging to different Engineering Services (Civil/ Mech./ Elect.) was under the active consideration of the Government for some time past.
After careful consideration of the matter, the undersigned is directed to state that the following draft Transfer Policy has been framed for the smooth functioning of the Public Health Engineering Directorate, the following principals and names relating in the transfer and posting of the Engineering Officers as stated below in the interest of Public Service.
(1) There will be the following 4 (Four) Zones within the state of West Bengal in order to facilitate transfer and posting of the Engineer Officers.
Zone-A: Comprising the districts of Kolkata, Howrah, Hooghly, North 24 Parganas and South 24 Parganas.
Zone-B: Comprising the districts of Murshidabad, Nadia, Purba Bardhaman, Birbhum and Purba Medinipur.
Zone-C: Comprising the districts of Paschim Midnapore, Bankura, Purulia, Jhargram, and Paschim Bardhaman.
Zone-D: Comprising the districts of Uttar Dinajpur, Dakshin Dinajpur, Darjeeling, Kalimpong, Jalpaiguri, Alipurduar, Cooch Behar and Malda.
(2) i) Transfer and posting of Engineer officers should normally be made after 3 (Three) years. Movement of the Engineer Officers so transferred shall be binding on their part in the interest of Public Service.
ii) Orders of routine transfer shall normally be issued at the end of September or early part of October so that joining a new place of posting is completed by 10th January of the next year or as the Board Exam specifies, whichever is convenient to the incumbent.
iii) An Officer who has completed 2 (two) years 9 (nine) months on 31st December of the year will be considered for routine transfer.
iv) An Officer having 5 (five) years or more at the same headquarters will be liable to transfer to another Zone but after completion of 3 (three) years at the present place of posting.
v) An Officer must serve at least once in Zone-D in his service career.
vi) An Officer must serve at least for one term of three years in Planning/ Design/ Monitoring Work during his/her service career starting from Assistant Engineer up to Executive Engineer.
A Junior Engineer (Civil) must serve at least one tenure at Block level under the RWS set up.
vii) A Junior Engineer/ Sub-Assistant Engineer (Civil/ Mech./ Elect.) who has already completed two years and nine months of service at a stretch in one posting as on 31st December may exercise options for 5 (five) places of posting in order of preference outside the Division(s) already served. More than one option within the same Division will not be accepted. Options in prescribed format shall have to be submitted by 31st July. This, however, will not be treated as a commitment on the part of the Directorate/ Department to post any Junior Engineer/ Sub-Assistant Engineer (Civil/ Mech./ Elect.) only in the place/station as per his/her option.
13) The transfer after normal tenure may be deferred in case of extreme exigencies on the following grounds:-
(i) In the interest of Government works.
(ii) In case of Secondary/ Higher Secondary/ Examinations of the Children/ Wards of the Officers and who are living with their parents, as per incumbent’s application.
(iii) Serious illness of dependent members of the family of the Officer (members of the family as specified in the WBSR), as per incumbent’s application.
(iv) or any other ground considered as suitable by the competent authorities
14) If husband and wife both are in Government employment posting will be at a place convenient to both of them as far as practicable, as per incumbent’s application.
15) An Officer shall be considered for a posting preferably in home district/ district having permanent residence, two years prior to retirement, if desired so by the incumbent.
16) An Office Bearer of any Association, whose transfer is due, will not be transferred for the year under consideration but he may be transferred during the next year even if re-elected.
17) (i) All relevant factors shall be considered before placement of an Officer on deputation.
(ii) Deputation should be considered as transfer and shall be made for one tenure only.
18) An Officer transferred/ deputed to a post having financial benefit, shall be repatriated after three years.
19) An up-to-date bio-data card/ database incorporating all dates of transfer and all places of posting shall be maintained for all Engineer Officers.
20) Notwithstanding the above, the Competent Authority reserves the right to transfer any Engineer Officer any time before completion of the tenure of normal posting or to retain him/her at the present posting beyond three years in the interest of public service or on administrative grounds.
By order of the Governor
No. PHE/2178 dated 05.10.2018, Source