Government of West Bengal
School Education Department
Planning & Budget Branch
Bikash Bhavan, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700091
No. 242-SE(P&B)/5B-51/2004 Dated:- the 18th July, 2017
From: Assistant Secretary to the Government of West Bengal
To: The Commissioner, School Education, West Bengal
Bikash Bhavan, 7th floor, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700091
Sub: Grant of Dearness Relief on Pension to the teaching and non-teaching Pensioners/ Family Pensioners of the of State aided Non-Government Educational Institutions with effect from 01-01-2016
In supersession of the rates mentioned in Finance Department’s earlier Order No. 12-F (Pen) dated 09/01/2015 sanctioning instalment of Dearness Relief to the State Government Pensioners/ Family Pensioners w.e.f. 1st January, 2015 onwards and in pursuance of Finance Department’s memo no. 700-F(Pen) dated 16th December, 2015, the undersigned is directed by order of the Governor to say that the Governor is pleased to direct that the teaching and non-teaching Pensioners/ Family Pensioners of recognized State aided Non-Government Educational Institutions under this Government, who are in receipt of Dearness Relief at State Government rates i.e. 65% of Basic Pension with effect from January 1, 2015, shall draw Dearness Relief on monthly Pension/ Family Pension @75% of Basic Pension/ Basic Family Pension with effect from 1st January, 2016.
2. Payment of Dearness Relief on Pension/ Family Pension sanctioned herein above involving a fraction of rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
3. It will now be the responsibility of the Pension Disbursing Authority to calculate the quantum of relief on Pension/ Family Pension payable to each individual case and to make necessary adjustment of overpayment/ underpayment, if any.
4. For the purpose of payment of Dearness Relief sanctioned herein, the Principal Accountant General (A&E), West Bengal, will issue authority to the Public Sector Banks in Kolkata and the Accountant General of other States.
5. The Treasury/ Sub-Treasury Officers in this State will give effect to this order without the authority of the Accountant General (A&E), West Bengal.
6. This order issues in terms of Finance Department, Pension Branch’s Memo No. 700-F(Pen) dated 16th December, 2015.
7. All concerned are being informed accordingly.
Sd/- Assistant Secretary