Government of West Bengal
Office of the Project Director
Cooked Mid Day Meat Project
School Education Department
ACHARYA PRAFULLA CHANDRA BHAVAN
Plot 7/1, Block- DK, Salt Lake, Sector – II, Karunamoyee, Kolkata – 91
Memo No: 143-SE(CMDMP)MISC-02/2010-PT-I Dated: 28.02.2014
From: Shri N.N. Barman
Project Director, CMDMP School Education Department
To: 1) Commissioner, Kolkata Municipal Corporation, 5, S.N. Banerjee Road, Kolkata – 700013
2-18) District Magistrate……………………………………………(All)
19) Labour Commissioner, WB, New Secretariat Building (11th floor), Kolkata – 700001
20) Executive Director, Education Department, Gorkhaland Territorial Administration (GTA), Louis Jubilee Complex, PO & Dist: Darjeeling, Pin – 734101
21) Sub-Divisional Officer, Siliguri, P.O- Siligurl, District – Darjeeling
22) The Chairman, Kolkata Primary School Council, 27-A, Bosepukur Road, Kasba, Kolkata-700042
Sub: Norms for engagement of MDM Cook-cum-helpers – Clarification.
Cook-cum-helpers are engaged to cook meals in eligible primary and upper primary schools and serve the hot cooked meals to the students at noon. They are engaged on the basis of number of students enrolled in schools.
Necessary instruction has already been issued to all Nodal Officers. But the said instruction is reported to have become not clear. Hence, the said order is reiterated with clarification that:-
1. The school having students between 1-25 is entitled to engage 1 (one) Cook-cum-helper.
2. The school having students numbering between 26 – 100 is entitled to engage 2 (two) Cook-cum-helpers; provided that the school having below 40 may not get 2 (two) Cook-cum-helpers.
In other words for first 100 students a school can engage maximum 2 (two) Cook-cum-helpers.
3. The school may engage 1 (one) extra Cook-cum-helper for any additional no. of students between 41 – 100. It means that the school having students numbering between 141-200 is entitled to engage 3 (three) Cook-cum-helpers.
4. Procedure for engagement of extra Cook-cum-helper will go on for every additional no. of students between 41 and 100.
Again clarified in a table form:-
|No. of students in a school||Cook-cum-helpers allowed||Remarks|
|1-25 students||One Cook-cum-helper|
|26-100 students (provided it exceeds 40 no. of students)||Another Cook-cum-helper||Altogether two for first 100 students|
|141-200 students||Another Cook-cum-helper||i.e. 2+1 =3|
|For every additional part (exceeding 40) or 100 students||Another Cook-cum-helper||i.e. 3+1 = 4 For all subsequent cases same norms would be followed|