Birthday of Swami Vivekananda: 12th January, Saturday, Birthday of Netaji: 23rd January, Wednesday, Republic Day: 26th January, Saturday, Doljatra: 21st March, Thursday, Bengali New Year’s Day: 15th April, Monday.
Published in Finance Tags: Holiday
Update: Holiday List for West Bengal Govt. Employees, 2020
Government of West Bengal
No. 6812-F(P2) Dated, the 5th November, 2018
In exercise of the power conferred by the explanation to Section 25 of the Negotiable Instrument Act, 1881 (XXVI of 1881) read with the Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, Notification No. 20/25/56-pub(l) dated 8th June, 1957, the Governor is pleased to declare the following days to be public holidays during the year, 2019:-
|** Birthday of Swami Vivekananda||12th January, Saturday|
|Birthday of Netaji||23rd January, Wednesday|
|** Republic Day||26th January, Saturday|
|Doljatra||21st March, Thursday|
|Bengali New Year’s Day||15th April, Monday|
|Good Friday||19th April, Friday|
|May Day||1st May, Wednesday|
|Birthday of Rabindra Nath Tagore||9th May, Thursday|
|** Buddha Purnima||18th May, Saturday|
|Id-Ul-Fitar||5th June, Wednesday|
|Id-Ud-Zoha (Bakrid)||12th August, Monday|
|Independence Day||15th August, Thursday|
|Muharram||10th September, Tuesday|
|** Mahalaya||28th September, Saturday|
|Birthday of Gandhiji||2nd October, Wednesday|
|Durga Puja **Saptami||5th October, Saturday|
|Nabami||7th October, Monday|
|Vijaya Dasami||8th October, Tuesday|
|Birthday of Guru Nanak||12th November, Tuesday|
|Christmas Day||25th December, Wednesday|
1. Sundays are holidays under the Negotiable Instrument Act (N. I. Act).
2. In the year, 2019, the following festivals/ occasions fall on Sunday which are public holidays under the N. I. Act and hence, have not been included in the list of holidays:
|Saraswati Puja (Sree Panchami)||10th February, Sunday|
|Birthday of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar||14th April, Sunday|
|Durga Puja – Astami||6th October, Sunday|
|Lakshmi Puja||13th October, Sunday|
|Kali Puja||27th October, Sunday|
3. The holidays with double asterisk mark [i.e., (**)] are applicable to those Government offices only where Saturdays are not observed as full holiday.
4. General Instructions as laid down in the Notification No. 6815-F(P2) dated 05.11.2018 hereinafter are to be followed in case of Muslim festivals.
No. 6813-F(P2) Dated, the 5th November, 2018
In exercise of the power conferred by the explanation to Section 25 of the Negotiable Instrument Act, 1881 (XXVI of 1881) read with the Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, Notification No. 20/25/56-pub(1) dated 8th June, 1957, the Governor is pleased to declare the following day to be public holiday during the year, 2019:-
|Yearly closing of Bank Accounts||1st April, Monday|
(All State Government offices including Treasuries shall remain open on that date).
No. 6814-F(P2) Dated, the 5th November, 2018
The Governor is pleased to notify that on the following days during the year, 2019, which are not declared to be public holidays, the offices under the Government of West Bengal with the exception of the offices of the Registrar of Assurances, Kolkata, the Collector of Stamp Revenue, Kolkata and the West Bengal State Beverages Corporation Ltd. shall be closed.
|New Year’s Day||1st January, Tuesday|
|Additional day in connection with Saraswati Puja||11th February, Monday|
|Shivaratri||4th March, Monday|
|Holi (Day after Doljatra)||22nd March, Friday|
|** Birthday of Poet Bhanu Bhakt (For Darjeeling & Kalimpong district only)||13th July, Saturday|
|Janmastami||23rd August, Friday|
|Panchami of Durga Puja||3rd October, Thursday|
|Mahasasthi of Durga Puja||4th October, Friday|
|Additional days in connection with Durga Puja||9th October, Wednesday
10th October, Thursday
11th October, Friday &
** 12th October, Saturday
|Additional days in connection with Lakshmi Puja||14th October, Monday & 15th October, Tuesday|
|Additional day in connection with Kali Puja||28th October, Monday|
|Bhatridwitya||29th October, Tuesday|
|Additional day in connection with Bhatridwitya||30th October, Wednesday|
|** Chhat Puja||2nd November, Saturday|
1. In the year, 2019, the following festival/ occasion falls on Sunday which is public holiday under the N. I. Act and hence, has not been included in the list of holidays :
|Fateha-Dwaz-Daham||10th November, Sunday|
2. The holidays with double asterisk mark [i.e., (**)] are applicable to those Government offices only where Saturdays are not observed as full holiday.
No. 6815-F(P2) Dated, the 5th November, 2018
The Governor is pleased to declare that the following days may be observed as Sectional holidays in the year, 2019 for the employees of different communities mentioned against each:-
|Mahabir Jayanti||17th April, Wednesday (For Jains only)|
|** Easter Saturday||20 April, Saturday (For Christians only)|
|Karam Puja||To be notified later on.|
1. In the year, 2019, the following festivals/ occasions fall on Sunday which are public holiday under the N. I. Act and hence, have not been included in the list of holidays:
|Baisakhi||14th April, Sunday (For Sikhs only)|
|Sab-e-Barat||21st April, Sunday (For Muslims only)|
|Hul Diwas||30th June, Sunday [For Adivasi (Santal) only]|
2. The holiday with double asterisk mark [i.e., (**)] is applicable to those Government offices only where Saturdays are not observed as full holiday.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS TO BE FOLLOWED IN ALL TYPES OF HOLIDAYS INCLUDING HOLIDAYS FOR THE MUSLIM FESTIVALS
1) No substitute holiday(s) shall be allowed for any initially notified holiday(s) if any of the festivals subsequently happens to fall on a weekly off day/ any other non working day or in the event of more than one festival/ occasion falling on the same day.
2) If there is any change in the date of the festivals/ occasions, viz., Id-Ul-Fitar, Id-Ud-Zoha (Bakrid), Muharram, Fateha-Dwaz-Daham and Sab-e-Barat, depending upon the sighting of the moon, holiday will be declared by separate order for the date on which the festival would be actually observed in lieu of the date originally notified as holiday for these festivals/ occasions.
3) It may happen that the change of date of the above festivals/ occasions has to be notified at a very short notice. In such a situation, announcement would be made through TV/ A.I.R/ Newspapers and the Heads of Department/ Offices of the State Government may take action according to such announcements without waiting for formal order regarding the change of date.
By order of the Governor,
Sd/- D. K. Mahapatra
OSD & E.O. Special Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal
No. 6812-F dated 05.11.2018, Source