Holiday List for West Bengal Govt. Employees, 2016
Government of West Bengal
No. 7690-F(P2) Dated: 3rd November, 2015
In exercise of the power conferred by the explanation to Section 25 of the Negotiable Instrument Act, 1881 (XXVI of 1881), read with Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, Notification No. 20/25/56-pub(1) dated the 8th June, 1957 the Governor is pleased to declare the following days to be public holidays during the year 2016.
|Birth Day of Swami Vivekananda||12th January, Tuesday|
|**Birth day of Netaji||23rd January, Saturday|
|Republic Day||26th January, Tuesday|
|**Saraswati Puja (Sree Panchami)||13th February, Saturday|
|Doljatra||23rd March, Wednesday|
|Good Friday||25th March, Friday|
|Birth day of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar & Bengali New Year’s Day||14th April, Thursday|
|ID-UL-Fitre||6th July, Wednesday|
|Independence Day||15th August, Monday|
|ID-Ud-Joha||12th September, Monday|
|Mahalaya||30th September, Friday|
|**Saptami||8th October, Saturday|
|Nabami||10th October, Monday|
|Vijaya Dasami||11th October, Tuesday|
|Muharram||12th October, Wednesday|
|**Lakshmi Puja||15th October, Saturday|
|**Kalipuja||29th October, Saturday|
|Birth Day of Guru Nanak||14th November, Monday|
1. Sundays are holidays under the Negotiable Instrument Act.
2. In the year 2016, the following festivals/occasions fall on Sundays which are public holidays under N.l Act and hence have not been included in the list of holidays:
|i)||May Day||1st May, Sunday|
|ii)||Birth Day of Rabindra Nath Tagore||8th May, Sunday|
|iii)||Birth Day of Gandhiji||2nd October, Sunday|
|iv)||Astami of Durgapuja||9th October, Sunday|
|v)||Christmas Day||25th December, Sunday|
3. The holiday with double asterisk marks i.e. (**) is applicable to those Government Offices only where Saturdays are not observed as full holiday.
4. General Instructions as laid down below in this Notification 7694-F(P2) Dated – 3rd November, 2015 are to be followed in case of Muslim festivals.
NO. 7691-F (P2) Dated: 3rd November, 2015
In exercise of the power conferred by the explanation to Section 25 of the Negotiable Instrument Act, 1881 (XXVI of 1881), read with Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, Notification No. 20/25/56-pub(l) dated the 8th June, 1957 the Governor is pleased to declare the following day to be public holiday during the year 2016.
|1||Yearly closing of Bank||1st April, Friday.|
NOTE: All the State Government Offices including Treasuries, Sub-Treasuries shall remain open on the 1st April 2016 which has been declared as public Holiday under N.I. Act, under this Notification.
NO. 7692-F (P2) Dated: 3rd November, 2015
The Governor is pleased to notify that on the following days during the year 2016, which are not declared to be public holidays, the offices under the Government of West Bengal with the exception of the offices of the Registrar of Assurances, Kolkata and Collector of the Stamp Revenue, Kolkata shall be closed.
|New Year’s Day (2016 A.D)||1st January, Friday|
|Day after Doljatra (Holi)||24th March, Thursday|
|Birth day of Poet Bhanu Bhakt||13th July, Wednesday (for Darjeeling Dist only)|
|Janmastami||25th August, Thursday|
|Mahasasthi of Durgapuja||7th October, Friday|
|Additional day in connection with Durga Puja||13th October, Thursday & 14th October, Friday|
|Additional day in connection with Kali Puja||31st October, Monday|
|Bhatridwitiya Fateha – Dwaz- Daham||1st November, Tuesday|
1. In the year 2016, the following festivals/occasions fall on Sundays which are public holidays under N.l Act and hence have not been included in the list of holidays :
i) Additional day in connection with Laxmipuja: 16th October, Sunday
ii) Additional day in connection with kali puja: 30th October, Sunday
2. Ekadashi of Durgapuja falls on 12th October which is a public holiday under N.l Act for Muharram and hence has not been included here.
NO. 7693-F (P2) Dated: 3rd November, 2015
The Governor is pleased to declare that the following days may be observed as sectional holidays in the year 2016 for the employees of different communities mentioned against each:
|** Easter Saturday||26th March, Saturday (for Christians only)|
|Baisakhi||13th April, Wednesday (for Sikhs Only)|
|Mahabirjayanti||19th April, Tuesday (for Jains Only)|
|**Buddha Purnima||21st May, Saturday (for Buddhist Only)|
|Sab-e-Barat||23rd May, Monday (for Muslims only)|
|Karam Puja||to be notified later on|
1. In the year 2016, the following festival/occasion falls on Sunday which are public holidays under N.l Act and hence has not been included in the list of holidays :
|1||Chhat Puja||6th November, Sunday|
2. The holiday with double asterisk marks i.e. (**) is applicable to those Government Offices only where Saturdays are not observed as full holiday.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS TO BE FOLLOWED IN ALL TYPES OF HOLIDAYS INCLUDING HOLIDAYS FOR THE MUSLIM FESTIVALS
1) No substitute holiday should be allowed if any of the festival – holidays initially notified subsequently happens to fall on a weekly off or any other non-working day or in the event of more than one festival falling on the same day.
2) If there is any change in the date of ID-UI-Fitre, ID-Ud-Zoha, Muharram, Fateha-Dwaz-Daham, Sab-e-Barat depending upon the sighting of the moon, holiday will be declared by a separate order for the date on which the festival would be actually observed in lieu of the date originally notified as holiday for this festival.
3) It may happen that the change of date of above occasions has to be notified at a very short notice. In such a situation, announcement would be made through T.V/ A.I.R /News Papers and Heads of Department/ Offices of the State Government may take action according to such announcements without waiting for formal order about the change of date.
By Order of the Governor
O.S.D. & E.O. Joint Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal
No. 7690-F dated 03.11.2015, Source