Govt. of West Bengal
Office of the District Inspector of Schools (SE), Nadia
Memo No. 1560-SE Dated: 17.12.2013
With reference to above it is circulated that a scheme has been launched by Govt. of India for payment of Rs. 3000 to girls after attaining 18 years of age having the following criteria:
1. All SC/ST girls who pass out in class VIII and enroll in class IX in state govt., govt. aided or Local body school/madrasah from academic year 2013/14 onwards
2. the girl should be unmarried and below 16 years of age as on 31/03/2013
3. The amount will be deposited in the name of each eligible candidate and candidate will draw the amount after passing class X and reaching 18 years
4. He is also requested to ensure opening of bank account in the name of each eligible student.
Therefore, he is requested submit filled in enclosed proforma both in soft and hard copy to ADI/S(S.E),Ranaghat for Ranaghat subdivision DI/S(S.E) for other three Subdivisions within 31/12/2013
Encl: As stated above.
District Inspector of Schools (SE), Nadia
Govt. of West Bengal
Directorate of School Education
Bikash Bhawan, 7th Floor,
Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700 091
Memo No. 182(21)-Exam/Part-112-Exam/6/2013 Dated: 12.11.2013
From: The Commissioner of School Education, WB
To: The District Inspector of Schools (SE), _________
P.O. _________ Dist. ____________
Sub: National Scheme of Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education (NSIGSE) – implementation thereof for the financial year 2013-14.
Ref: MHRD Govt. of India Memo No. F.No.7-2/2013-SS, dated 05.07.2013.
With reference to the subject mentioned above, a copy of the Memo under reference, which is self-explanatory, is enclosed for his/her perusal and necessary action.
The scheme appears as follows:
1. Amount of incentive: Rs. 3000.00
2. Target Group: (i) All SC/ST girls who pass class VIII and enrol in class IX in State Government, Government -aided or Local Body Schools/Madrasahs in the academic year 2013-14 onward.
(ii) All girls who pass class VIII from Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas (irrespective of whether from SC/ST or not) and enrol in class IX in State Government, Government -aided or Local Body Schools/ Madrasahs in the year 2013-14 onwards.
3. Eligibility Condition: The girls should be unmarried and below 16 years of age (as on 31.03.2013) at the time of joining class IX.
N.B.: Girls studying in class IX in private un-aided schools and the school run by Central Government are excluded from the scheme.
4. Mode of payment : The amount will be deposited in the name of each eligible candidate.
5. Entitlement : Each eligible candidate would be entitled to withdraw the amount on reaching 18 years of age and after passing 10th class.
He/She is requested to collect the information as required under the scheme upto 31.12.2013 and send a consolidated proposal for his/her district in the prescribed format (given over leaf) including category wise information of students (into SC, ST and General) after proper examination of the eligibility criteria of the scheme to this office by 31.01.2014 for onward transmission to the MHRD, Govt. of India. A certificate is to be given on the body of the proposal to the effect that all the enlisted girl students are unmarried, studying in class IX of Govt./Govt. aided or Local body schools/Madrasahs in the academic year 2013-2014 and have not completed 16 years of age as on 31.03.2013 and belong to SC/ST or have passed class VIII from KGBV.
In case of DBT districts (Coochbehar and Howrah), he/she has to follow the guidelines contained in MHRD, GOI’s Letters bearing Nos. 8-10/2012-SS (Vol IV) dated 28.06.2013, 8-10/2012-SS (Vol IV) dated 25.04.2013, available on the website of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India www.mhrd.gov.in under DBT section on home page. Proposal/beneficiaries list is to be submitted online dbtapps.gov.in in approved format.
For beneficiaries of DBT districts, both Aadhaar number, Bank Account number and their seeding would be mandatory. The students will be paid incentive amount through Aadhaar Payment Bridge (APB) by the Canara Bank on passing class X and attaining the age of 18 years as per terms and conditions of the scheme.
In case of non-DBT districts he/she is requested to send a hard copy as well as soft copy of the proposal giving Bank Account number (mandatory) and Aadhaar number (optional). He/She is requested to take steps for getting Aadhaar number of all the eligible candidate.
All D.I.s are requested to be careful so that not a single eligible candidate is excluded from the scheme and deprived of the benefit.
This should be treated as extremely urgent.
Sd/- Commissioner of School Education,
Endo: As stated above.