Post Matric Talent Support Programme for Minority, 2013-14
Published in Minorities Affairs. Tags: Scholarship.
Update: Post Matric Talent Support Programme for Minority, 2014-15
West Bengal Minorities Development & Finance Corporation
Amber, DD-27/E, Sector – 1, Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700 064
POST MATRIC STIPEND FOR MINORITY STUDENTS
TALENT SUPPORT PROGRAMME OF GOVT. W.B 2013-14
1. This scheme of the Govt. of W.B. is for the students belonging to minority communities (Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Sikh, Parsee & Jain).
2. The above stipend under the Talent Support Programme of Government of W.B. is to be awarded to the above minority students to enable them to study from class XI to PhD except U.G. & P.G. in professional or technical courses.
3. This Stipend is to be awarded to the students who are resident of West Bengal, passed their last final examination and secured less than 50% (not more than 50%) Marks in the last Board/ University Examination.
4. The annual Income of Parents/ Guardian should not exceed 2 (two) lakhs.
5. The stipend is awarded for the entire course duration.
6. The application form will be available from:
(i) The office of District Officer of Minority Affairs under District Magistrates.
(ii) The photo copy of the application form is also allowed.
(iii) The application form may be downloaded from the website, www.wbmdfc.org.
(iv) At WBMDFC’s office at Hemanta Basu Bhavan, 12, BBD Bag (East), Kolkata- 700 001.
7. Selection will be made as per his/ her annual family income and availability of scholarship.
8. 30% of stipend is reserved for girl students.
9. Students should be regular in attendance for which the yardstick would be decided by the competent authority of the institution concerned.
10. The students obtaining benefit under this scheme shall not be allowed to avail of benefits under any other scheme for this purpose.
11. A student shall be eligible for only one scholarship from all sources. IF A STUDENT IS FOUND APPLIED MORE THAN ONE SCHOLARSHIP ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE REJECTED.
12. The regulation can be changed at any time at the discretion of the Government of West Bengal.
13. (a)Application should be submitted at the concerned District Officer of Minority Affairs (DOMA) under District Magistrate in an envelope superscribed “Application for Post Matric Stipend under Talent Support Programme 2013-14”
(b) In case of Kolkata Application should be submitted at WBMDFC’s office at Hemanta Basu Bhavan, 12,BBD Bag (East), Kolkata- 700 001.
14. Applicants are advised to open CBS Bank Account in a Commercial Bank as the scholarship amount would be paid through Bank Account or by A/C payee cheque.
15. Applications for Distanced Course are likely to be rejected.
16. The Students who are domicile of West Bengal and studying in other states may also apply.
Application form of Post Matric Talent Support Programme 13-14, Source