GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
No. 622-F.B. Dated: 01.08.2013
The undersigned is directed to say West Bengal Appropriation (No. 2) Bill, 2013 has been passed by the West Bengal Legislative Assembly. Copies of the West Bengal Appropriation (No. 2) Act, 2013 have been forwarded to the Administrative Departments under Finance (Budget) Department Memo. No. 620-F.B. dated 1st August, 2013.
The Governor has now been pleased to decide as follows:
2. The Administrative Departments/ Controlling Authorities may now make allotment of fund relating to Non-Plan expenditure for Salary Items (including Salary grants & Wages) Pension, Diet (21-01), Drug (21-02), other Hospital Consumables (21-03), Medical Gases including Oxygen (21-OS) and also for Electricity Charges (13-01) and Telephone Charges (13-02) up to Budget provision of the Financial year 2013-14. For other Non-Plan expenditure the Administrative Departments/Controlling Authorities may make further allotment of fund up to December, 2013, so that the total allotment from April, 2013 to December, 2013 does not exceed 75% of the whole year’s budget provision.
3. Within the powers delegated under Delegation of Financial Power Rules, 1977 as amended from time to time or by virtue of the powers delegated in specific cases, the Administrative Departments/ Controlling Authorities may sanction expenditure out of the Non-Plan allotment of fund except in the following cases: i) 33-Subsidies ii) Finance Commission’s Grants iii) 55-Loans & Advances and iv) Schemes for which Central assistance is available.
4. In this Department Memo No. 621-F.B. dated 1st August, 2013, fifteen (15) Departments have been empowered to release State’s matching share as well as Central Share up to current year’s budget level. Now, the said fifteen Departments may make allotment of fund up to Budget Estimate, 2013-14 relating to Central Share and State’s matching share from the relevant heads of account.
The concerned Departments will be required to furnish necessary information in the prescribed proforma regarding repayment of loans as per Finance Department Memo No. 80-F.B. dated 17.04.2006.
5. The Administrative Departments/ Controlling Authorities may make further allotment of fund relating to State Plan expenditure for the months up to December, 2013, so that total allotment from April, 2013 to December, 2013 does not exceed 75% of the whole year’s budget provision and also sanction expenditure in cases of administratively approved schemes except in the following cases for which concurrence from the Finance Department, Budget Branch will have to be obtained : i) Schemes relating to EAP, RIDF, 13th FC, NCDC, REC, CRF, APDRP, AIBP, BADP, ACA under Article 275(1), TSP (relating to BCW Deptt.), BRGF, NPAG, NeGAP, HADP, RKVY, GLB,(State Finance Commission), JNNURM, One-time ACA ii) State Share for Centrally Sponsored Schemes or any other Scheme for which Central assistance is available iii) Central Share under State Plan and iv) release of fund under 33- Subsidies, 55-Loans and Advances, 54-Investment.
The concerned Departments will be required to furnish necessary information in the prescribed proforma regarding release of Plan Fund as per Finance Department Memo No. 52(75)-F.B. dated 12.04.2006.
6. While issuing orders for sanctioning expenditure in exercise of the powers delegated under this Memorandum, the following sentence should be inserted in such orders “This order issues in exercise of the powers delegated under Finance Department Memo No. 622-F.B. dated 1st August, 2013.
7. The powers delegated to the Administrative Departments/ Controlling Authorities to release fund are subject to the following conditions
a) The project/ scheme for which fund is to be released has been administratively approved following the existing procedure after obtaining concurrence of the Finance Department/ Financial Advisor/ Departmental Secretary within the limit of Rs. 10.00 lakh as per Memo No. 95-F.B. dated 18.04.2012;
b) The amount to be released can be accommodated within the budget provision under the project/ scheme;
c) There are no deviations – technical or otherwise – from the approved norms;
d) Restrictions on creation of posts, purchase/ hiring of cars and other restrictions imposed by the Finance Department are to be observed.
Sd/- S. Datta
OSD & EO Joint Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal