Restructuring of PWD Civil Circles, Divisions
Published in Public Works.
Government of West Bengal
Public Works Department
No. 68, Dated: 28.03.2013
The Jalpaiguri Highway Division under the administrative control of State Highway Circle-IV of P.W.(Roads) Directorate looks after nearly 650 Km of road stretches under P.W.(Roads) Directorate in the entire Jalpaiguri District including Alipurduar Sub-division. The matter of creation of a new highway division for looking after the road stretches under P.W. (Roads) Dte. in the Alipurduar Sub-division was under active -consideration of the State Government in the PW Deptt. for quite sometime past.
Now, after careful consideration of the matter as a whole, the Governor is pleased in the interest of public service to reorganize and restructure the 02 (two) circles under Public Works Department namely, State Highway Circle-IV and National Highway Circle-III with their administrative jurisdiction under (Roads) Dte., on the following lines: –
1. National Highway Division No.-XI at Falakata under National Highway Circle No.-III shall henceforth be renamed as Alipurduar Highway Division and transferred to State Highway Circle IV to look after new and existing road stretches at Alipurduar Sub-division. It would have two state highway sub-divisions under its administrative jurisdiction, namely
I. Alipurduar Highway Sub-division.,
II. Falakata Highway Sub-division.
I. The present establishment of Alipurduar Highway Sub-division under Jalpaiguri Highway Division will look after all original construction and maintenance works under P.W.(Roads) Dte. as assigned by the Chief Engineer, P.W.(Roads) Dte.
II. Falakata National Highway Sub-division under National Highway Division-XI shall be renamed as Falakata Highway Sub-division and will be under administrative control of Alipurduar Highway Division (erstwhile National Highway Division-XI). It will look after all original road construction and maintenance-works under P.W.(Roads) Dte. as assigned by the Chief Engineer, P.W.(Roads) Dte.
2. Pundibari National Highway Sub-division under National Highway Division No.XI shall be transferred to National Highway Division No.X and renamed as Coochbehar National Highway Sub-division-II which will be under same Circle i.e. National Highway Circle-III. All the sites which were under erstwhile National Highway Division-XI shall come under Pundibari National Highway Sub-division in addition to its present work jurisdiction.
The existing Coochbehar National Highway Sub-division under National Highway Division No.X would be known as Coochbehar National Highway Sub-division-I
The existing arrangement of administrative units is placed at Annexure-A. The revised arrangement of administrative units is placed at Annexure-B.
3. Monitoring of Circle Cadres under the restructured Circles
Service of all the existing circle cadre employees under National Highway Circle-III under P.W. (Roads) Directorate shall continue to be maintained in the same circle. However service of the number of posts in National Highway Circle-III cadre who get posted to State Highway Circle-IV due to this rearrangement shall be treated as deemed deputation. This would not adversely affect the seniority or promotion prospect of any circle staff in any manner.
For such reorganization of different offices through unification with and separation from their controlling offices, all the Circle cadres under National Highway Division No.-XI except those in Coochbehar NH Subdivision-II (erstwhile Pundibari NH Subdivision) may be declared as dying cadre with immediate effect subject to following terms and conditions –
i. Existing promotional prospects and seniority of the employees in different cadres under National Highway Circle-III shall remain unaltered till the end of their service in the same circle establishment as before the restructuring.
ii. Existing vacant post/posts in the basic grade in the cadres under National Highway Division No.-XI except those in Coochbehar NH Subdivision-II (erstwhile Pundibari NH Subdivision) in any category shall not be filled up.
iii. Existing vacant basic grade post/posts of all the cadres under National Highway Division No.XI except those in Pundibari NH Subdivision within administrative control of National Highway Circle-III, P.W. (Roads) Dte, shall be converted to the equivalent basic grade post/posts in the cadres under newly renamed Alipurduar Highway Division within administrative control of State Highway Circle-IV, P.W.(Roads) Dte.
iv. Basic grade post/ posts of all the cadres under National Highway Division No.-XI except those in Pundibari NH Subdivision within administrative control of National Highway Circle-III, P.W.(Roads) Dte. as and when fall vacant by way of promotion or retirement or otherwise shall forthwith be converted to the equivalent post/ posts in the cadres under newly renamed Alipurduar State Highway Division within administrative control of State Highway Circle-IV, P.W.(Roads) Dte.
4. This reorganization will take effect from 1st April, 2013.
5. All works, assets and liabilities of National Highway Division No. XI would be transferred to National Highway Division No. X. Similarly all works, assets and liabilities related to sites under Alipurduar Sub-division under Jalpaiguri State Highway Division would be transfer to Alipurduar State Highway Division. The Divisions and Sub-Divisions being transferred would be placed under new Circles/Divisions on as is where is basis.
This has the concurrence of the Finance Department, Govt. of West Bengal vide U.O. No. 799 Gr.P(2) dt. 26.03.2013.
Sd/- P.P. Kar
Deputy Secretary-I to the
Government of West Bengal
Public Works Department
No. 68 dated 28.03.2013, Annexure-A, Annexure-B, Source