Government of West Bengal
Department of School Education
Bikash Bhavan, 6th floor, Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700091
No.: 01-SSE/2022 Date: 03/01/2022
From: Manish Jain,
Principal Secretary to the Govt of West Bengal
To: 1. President, West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education
2. President, West Bengal Board of Secondary Education
3. President, West Bengal Board of Primary Education
Sub: Suspension of classes to combat Corona Virus (COVID-19)
In pursuance to orders and guidelines issued by the Government of West Bengal vide No. 753/XVII-ISS/2M-22/2020 dt. 02/01/2022 and in view of the prevailing situation and to combat the spread of Corona virus it has been decided by the competent authority in the Government of West Bengal that all Government, Government Aided and Government Sponsored educational institutions including training institutions will remain closed until further order in public interest. However, the academic activity will continue online and via alternative modes, until further instructions. Teachers may visit the houses of students to oversee academic activities & provide suitable guidance.
2. Administrative departments of schools, like the offices of heads of the institutes including emergency services eg. electricity, cleanliness, water supply, security etc may remain open under strict Covid protocol, as per the extant guidelines issued from time to time & read with order stated above and as per the local need to be decided by the head of the institute.
3. Hostels will also remain closed until further order. Adequate arrangement as per medical protocol may be made by the respective institutes for the foreign/ other students who are not able to leave the campus due to distance or otherwise. No visitor should be allowed during the period to visit hostel, without prior approval of the head of the institute.
4. Adequate arrangements for vaccination programme for the students between 15+ till 18 years of age group shall be made by the HoIs at schools as per the guidelines issued vide office letter no. 1465-ES/Admn/10M-113/2021 dt. 31.12.2021. Teachers may be requested to assist in smooth conduct of the vaccination programme as per the need and assessment made by the respective HoI.
5. Distribution of Mid day meal will continue as being done during Covid times, along with distribution of books, khatas etc. to the guardians/ parents maintaining Covid protocols.
This is for your kind information and necessary action.
Sd/- Manish Jain
Principal Secretary to the
Govt. of West Bengal