Swasthya Sathi for Casual Workers of Colleges and Univeristies
Published in Higher Education. Tags: Casual Worker, CWTT, PTT, Swasthya Sathi.
Government of West Bengal
Department of Higher Education
Science and Technology & Biotechnology
Bikash Bhavan, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700091
No. 478-Edn(CS) Date: 3rd May, 2017
Sub: Introduction of Group Health Insurance Scheme named “Swasthya Sathi” for serving Government approved Contractual Whole Time Teachers (CWTTs), Government approved Part Time Teachers (PTTs) and Daily Rated/ Casual Non-teaching employees of State-aided Universities, Government colleges and Government-aided colleges of West Bengal.
The issue of providing a comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme to the serving Government-approved Contractual Whole Time Teachers (CWTTs), Government-approved Part Time Teachers (PTTs) and Daily Rated/ Casual non-teaching staff of State-aided Universities, Government Colleges and Government.-aided Colleges of West Bengal was under active consideration of the State Government with a view to providing such persons and their families protection from the financial consequences of ill health.
2. Now, the Governor is pleased to extend the benefit of the Group Health Insurance Scheme namely “Swasthya Sathi” as contained in Finance Department’s Notification no. 1104-F(P) dated 25.02.2016 to the serving Government-approved Contractual Whole Time Teachers (CWTTs), Government-approved Part Time Teachers (PTTs) and Daily Rated/ Casual Non-teaching employees of State-aided Universities, Government Colleges and Government-aided Colleges of West Bengal.
3. The main features of the Scheme are:
i. The Scheme will have basic health cover for secondary and tertiary care upto Rs. 1.5 Lakhs per annum.
ii. There will be no cap on the family size.
iii. Critical illness like, Cancer, Neuro surgeries, Cardiothoracic surgeries, liver diseases, blood disorders etc. will be covered up to Rs. 5.0 lakh.
iv. All pre-existing diseases will be covered.
v. The entire premium will be borne by the State Government with no contribution from the beneficiaries.
4. The Scheme will be implemented by the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of West Bengal.
5. The Scheme for the aforesaid category of teachers/employees will be effective from the date of issuance of this order.
6. This is issued with the concurrence of Finance Department (Group-P2) vide their U.O. No Group-P2/2016-2017/0589 dt. 28.02.2017.
Secretary to the
Govt. of West Bengal
No. 478-Edn dated 03.05.2017, Source