Two Year Course on “Diploma in Family Medicine” by Health Dte.
Government of West Bengal
Department of Health & Family Welfare
Swasthya Bhavan, GN-29, Salt Lake City, Kol-91
No. HF/O/MERT/1514/W-103/14 Dated, Kolkata, the 18th Nov., 2014
From: The Special Secretary to the Government of West Bengal
To: 1. The Director of Medical Education, West Bengal
2. The Director of Health Services, West Bengal
The State Government in the Department of Health & Family Welfare has decided to start a two-year Course on “Diploma in Family Medicine” to be conducted by the Institute of Health & Family Welfare, Government of West Bengal, collaboratively with Medical College, Kolkata, R. G. Kar Medical College, Kolkata, and Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata.
2. In pursuance of the same, the undersigned is directed by order of the Governor to say that the Governor is pleased to accord administrative approval and financial sanction for starting the two-year Course on “Diploma in Family Medicine” to be conducted by the Institute of Health & Family Welfare, Government of West Bengal, collaboratively with Medical College, Kolkata, R. G. Kar Medical College, Kolkata, and Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata.
3. The Diploma course will be affiliated to the West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS) with 24 seats and the course will be recognized by the West Bengal Medical Council under section 21 of Bengal Medical Act, 1914.
4. The objective of the said course is to generate trained human resources with appropriate competencies & skills which can be effectively utilized in the community at large to provide continuous health care for the individuals & families.
5. The course will start with 24 (twenty four) seats. Out of 24 seats, 12 seats are for service quota and the rest 12 are for non-service quota.
6. The in service candidates of WBHS would be given Government sponsorship and be placed on Trainee Reserve (TR) to pursue the said course, by invoking the provisions of Rule 3 (b)(ii) of TR Rules, 2008, provided they have put in at least 3 years service in rural areas (in PHC/BPHC/RH) as on 31st March of the year of admission.
7. The prospectus and application formats would be available at the website www.wbhealth.gov.in.
8. The non-service candidates would be paid stipends as such rates as specified in this Deptt. Memo. No. HF/N/MERT/602/W-18/2009 dt 18.05.2009.
9. This order is issued with the concurrence of Finance Department vide U.O. No. Group-O/2014-2015/0107 dt. 11.11.2014.
10. All concerned are being informed accordingly.
Sd/- Special Secretary
No. HF/1514 dated 18.11.2014, Source