GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
No. 1526-L. Date: 29th December, 2011
West Bengal Act XXXlV of 2008
THE WEST BENGAL ADMINISTRATIVE (ADJUDICATION OF SCHOOL DISPUTES) COMMISSION ACT, 2008.
An Act to provide for establishment of the West Bengal Administrative (Adjudication of School Disputes) Commission for better protection of the rights of teachers and non-teaching staff of the schools in the State and for efficient disposal of the school disputes and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
- Short title and commencement.
Establishment and Composition of Commission
- Establishment of Commission.
- Members of Commission.
- Qualifications for appointment of Chairperson and other Members.
- Term of office of Members.
- Salaries and allowances and other terms and conditions of service of Chairperson and other Members.
- Resignation, etc. of Members.
- Staff of Commission.
- Administrative Superintendence over Benches.
Jurisdiction and Powers of Commission
- The State Acts to which this Act shall apply.
- Jurisdiction of Commission.
- Powers of Commission.
- Power to visit and inspect schools.
- Court of record.
- Every person and civil authority to abide by judgement and order.
Proceedings of Commission
- Persons who may make petitions and present cases.
- Societies and Trade Unions to make petitions.
- Petitions to Commission.
- Service of notices, etc.
- No adjournment.
- Judgments or orders not to be reserved for more than one month.
- Correction of judgments and orders.
- Clarification of judgments and orders.
- Rooms or places of proceedings to be open courts.
- Manner of adjudicating school disputes.
- Bar to jurisdiction of civil courts.
- No suit, appeal or other proceeding to stand, or be, transferred to Commission.
Finance and Audit
- Accounts and audit.
- Financial powers of Chairperson.
- Members, officers and employees of Commission to be public servant.
- Protection of actions taken in good faith.
- Act to have overriding effect.
- Power to make rules.
- Power to make regulations.
- Power to remove difficulties.