Capturing GPF Balances of State Government Employees
Published in Finance. Tags: IFMS, Provident Fund.
Government of West Bengal
No: 622-F(Y) Dated: 10/02/2020
Subject:- Extension of period for capturing GPF Balances of State Government Employees whose Accounts are maintained by the Office of the Accountant General (A&E), West Bengal
In terms of Notification No. 7059-F(Y) dated 30/12/2019, the last date for capturing GPF Balances of State Government Employees whose Accounts are maintained by the Office of the Accountant General (A&E), West Bengal was notified as 31st January, 2020.
References have been received from various ends for extension of the last date of capturing and approval of GPF Balances as detailed in the Notification No. 7059-F(Y) dated 30/12/2019.
Accordingly, the undersigned by order of the Governor is pleased to extend the last date of capturing GPF Balances of the employees including approval by Head of Office whose Accounts are maintained by the Office of Accountant General (A&E), West Bengal upto 5th March, 2020.
The Governor is also pleased to clarify the following matters:-
1) In case where a State Government employee shall capture the GPF balance as on 01/04/2019 using ESS login in that case employee shall upload the scan copy of original GPF Account Statement of 2018-19. Self-attestation and mentioning of HRMS ID shall not be required as stated in Annexure-A of the Notification No. 7059-F(Y) dated- 31/12/2019.
2) In the large establishments/ Offices where exists multiple HRMS HOO Operator/ Approver, in that case the Controlling Officer shall issue order specifying the name of the particular HRMS Operator and HRMS-Approver who shall be entrusted with the work of GPF Balance Approval process in respect of the State Government employees of that establishment/ Office following the guidelines contained in the Notification No. 7059-F(Y) dated- 31/12/2019. Accordingly the employees shall forward their ‘GPF Opening Balance’ approval request after capturing the GPF Balance as on 01/04/2019.
3) Since the ESE facility is not available to the employees borne in the work-charged establishments , such employees shall submit the self attested copy of their GPF Account Statement for the year ending 31/03/2019 to the Head of Office after writing his/her HRMS Id on it. The Head of Office shall complete the approval process following the procedure given in the point B(b) in the Annexure to the Notification No. 7059-F(Y) dated 30/12/2019.
4) If the State Government Employee is in service as on 01/04/2019, but not yet started to subscribe to GPF, the question of capturing balance do not arise since such employee will not have any GPF Account Statement issued by the Office of the Accountant General (A&E), West Bengal for the year ending 31/03/2019.
5) Opening Balance of GPF as on 01/04/2019 shall have to be captured by/for only those State Government employees who were in service on 01/04/2019 and whose date of retirement is after 01/04/2020. Opening balance of GPF as on 01/04/2019 of those employees who already retired/expired on or after 01/04/2019 shall not required to be captured irrespective of the fact the Final Payment of GPF has already been made or not.
6) State Government employees who have not yet received the Original Account Statement for the year 2018-2019, shall enter the Opening Balance as on 01/04/2019 only upon receipt of the Original Account Statement from Accountant General (A&E), West Bengal.
Other modalities contained in the Notification No. 7059-F(Y) dated 30/12/2019 shall remain unchanged.
Sd/- Joint Secretary
Government of West Bengal
No. 622-F dated 10.02.2020, Source