Fixation of Pay of West Bengal Junior Audit & Accounts Service
Government of West Bengal
No. 9568-F(Y), Dated: 21.10.2009
Sub: Decentralisation of the work relating to fixation of pay of the officers of the erstwhile West Bengal Junior Audit & Accounts Service which has since been merged with the West Bengal Audit & Accounts Service w.e.f. 01.04.1981.
The undersigned is directed by order of the Governor to state that on account of antedating the effect of merger of West Bengal Junior Audit & Accounts Service with the West Bengal Audit & Accounts Service to 01.04.1981 in terms of this Department Notification No. 9099-F dt. 23.09.09, the pay of a large number of officers of the erstwhile West Bengal Junior Audit & Accounts Service are to be refixed in the scale of pay of West Bengal Audit & Accounts Service.
2. In consideration of administrative convenience as well as for speedy disposal of the matter the Governor has been pleased to decide that the provisional pay fixation order in respect of individual officers concerned who are working in different Departments/ Directorates/ Offices of the State Government may be issued by the Departments/ Directorates/ Offices in which the officers are presently posted. However, the pay fixation orders of concerned officers working on deputation in councils/ Boards/ Autonomous Bodies/Government undertakings will be issued centrally by the Finance Department as usual. The fixation order of the concerned officers who retired on superannuation before 1.3.2001 will also be issued centrally by the Finance Department and the officers who retired on superannuation on or after 1.3.2001 will be issued by their respective pension sanctioning authorities along with the payment of arrear on account of this merger.
3. The following conditions shall have to be followed strictly at the time of fixation of pay:-
(i) On unification of the said services, the pay of the concerned officers in the erstwhile West Bengal Junior Audit & Accounts Service in the pre ’81 pay scale be fixed in the scale of West Bengal Audit & Accounts Service (pre ’81) as per provision of the then existing Rule 44 of W.B.S.R. Part-1 with effect from 01.04.1981 and pay so fixed be revised under W.B.S. (ROPA) Rules, 1981 w.e.f. 02.04.1981 or any subsequent date as per their options. Accordingly, the incumbents will exercise revised option for coming under W.B.S. (ROPA) Rules, 1981, W.B.S. (ROPA) Rules, 1990, WBS (ROPA) Rules, 1998 and WBS (ROPA) Rules, 2009 as their case may be to their respective Head of office within 90 days from the date of issue of this order. Option once exercised shall be final. If no fresh option is received from any officer within the aforesaid period his pay shall be fixed with effect from the date of his earlier options as previously exercised by him.
(ii) If the pay of an officer on the date of coming over to the scale of pay of West Bengal Audit & Accounts Service is below the minimum of the scale of pay, his pay shall be fixed at the minimum.
(iii) If the pay of an officer on the date of coming over to the scale of pay of West Bengal Audit & Accounts Service is above the minimum of the scale of pay, his pay shall be re-fixed as per provisions of the Rule 44 of W.B.S.R. Part-1 as amended under Finance Department Memo No. 3776-F dt. 30.03.1995. However, the fixation of pay of such an officer prior to 01.04.1994 shall be guided by provisions of the existing Rule 44 read with 42 (1) (ii) of W.B.S.R. Part-I.
4. The aspect of re-fixation of pay related to CAS/ modified CAS in respect of officers coming under the purview of this Department Notification No. 9099-F dated 23.09.2009 shall be examined by this Department taking into account of eligibility criteria at the material point of time and necessary orders will be issued by this Department accordingly.
5. The existing head of the office, if it deems necessary, may requisition the authenticated documents like the original Service Books/Duplicate Service Books/ pay statements of the respective officers form the Service Record cell of Finance Department/Authority concerned for this purpose. Copies of Provisional Pay fixation order shall have to be endorsed to the Joint Secretary, Finance (Audit) Department, Group-T, along with the Service Books etc. So requisitioned, for ultimate verification and necessary entries in the respective Service Books, if provisional fixation of pay is found correct. Otherwise the pay fixation order will be rectified accordingly form this end.
6. An undertaking shall also have to be obtained form each officer concerned to the effect that he shall be liable to refund the amount of overdrawal, if any, arising out of the pay re-fixation order issued under this memorandum in a single installment.
7. This order is issued in consultation with Group-P of this Deptt.
By order of the Governor
Sd/- K. K. Bandyopadhyay
Joint Secy. to the
Government of West Bengal