Government of West Bengal
No. 1422-F(Y) Dated 26th March, 2020
Sub: Drawal of bills in anticipation of allotment
1. Finance Department had issued Memorandum No. 54-F(Y) dated 03.01.2020, 462-F(Y) dated 28.01.2020, 529-F(Y) dated 04.02.2020 and 1141-F(Y) dated 05.03.2020 allowing certain categories of bills to be passed in anticipation of allotment of fund till 31.03.2020.
2. Now, in In terms of Rule 4.008 of WBTR, 2005, no bill shall be entertained by the Treasury/ PAO unless there is allotment of fund.
3. The administrative departments and controlling officers arc expected to sub-allot the fund released by Finance Department immediately to the DDOs through e-Bantan module of IFMS. Therefore, necessity may not arise for drawal in anticipation of allotment of fund, if sub-allotment is done through the system by the departments and controlling officers timely.
4. However, due to “Complete Safety Restrictions” imposed by the Government of West Bengal vide H&FW/120/20 dated 22.03.20 and other orders issued thereafter by the State and Central Government for combating the spread of COVID 19 disease, the State Government has decided to allow acceptance of the following categories of bills by Treasuries/ PAOs in anticipation of allotment of fund both in the remaining part of current Financial Year 19-20 (till 31.03.2020) and in the next Financial Year 20-21 (till further order is issued in this regard):-
i) Salary/ Remuneration/ Wages
ii) Professional fees drawn under the detailed head “28-Payment of Professional & Special Services-02-Other Charges” in respect of the software personnel engaged vide FD’s Memo. No. 5859-F(Y), dt. 22.07.2013.
iii) Honorarium and Additional Honorarium for staff and Expenditure for running ICDS centres.
iv) Stipends in respect of Internees, House-staff, P.G. Students and Trainee Nurses of Medical Colleges and hospitals of different nature under Health & Family Welfare Department.
v) Salary of doctors appointed by Health & Family Welfare Department on ad-hoc basis.
vi) Charges in respect of Diet, oxygen and other life saving gases.
vii) Washing charges for linens used in hospitals.
viii) Cost of disposal of unclaimed dead bodies and Funeral expenses.
ix) State share of Pension of Freedom Fighters.
x) Medical Reimbursement/ Advance under WBHS, 2008 and West Bengal Health for All Employees and Pensioners Cashless Medical Treatment Scheme, 2014.
xi) Medical Reimbursement under AIS (MA) Rules drawn under the detailed head “07-Medical Reimbursement”.
xii) Medical reimbursement/ advance in respect of Judicial Officers including retired judicial officers governed by separate rules.
xiii) Charges of Security agencies engaged in Government Offices.
xiv) Charge for scavenging by service providers engaged under Health & Family Welfare Department.
xv) Bills related to LTC/ HTC and related advance.
xvi) Office telephone bills.
xvii) Electricity charges of office establishments.
5. Notwithstanding what has been stated above, all allotting and sub-allotting authorities will take all necessary steps so that all allotments may reach the DDO and Treasuries/ PAOs in time and drawal of bills in anticipation of allotment is not required. For drawal of fund in any case not covered by this order, prior approval of Group-T, Finance Department will mandatorily be required.
6. The instructions contained in para 3 & 4 of this Department Memo. No. 1984-F(Y) dated 07.04.2016 shall continue to remain in force until further order.
7. This will take immediate effect and will remain valid until further order.
Additional Chief Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal