Exemption from the Right to Information Act, 2005
GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
Department of Personnel & Administrative Reforms
Administrative Reforms Cell
Writers’ Buildings, Kolkata-700 001
No. 541-PAR(AR)/O/3M-29/2005 Pt, VIIIA, Dated, Kolkata, the 29th August, 2006
The Governor is pleased, on the recommendation of the Committee constituted vide Notification No. 111-PAR(AR)/O/3M-29/2005Pt. VIIIA dated 20.02.2006, to identify the following organizations, Branches and Sections of Government of West Bengal to which the provisions of “The Right to Information Act, 2005” shall not apply under section 24(4) of the said Act:
I. Home Department
A. Political Branch
- Security arrangements and related matters of VIPs and VVIPs.
- Interceptions of mails and other personal communications including phones/ mobiles under Indian Post Office Act, 1898 and Indian Telegraph Act, 1885
- Sanction of prosecution.
- CBI investigation – handling over of cases
- Verification of antecedents.
- Preparation of bills and rules.
B. Police Branch
- Information relating to mobilization and deployment of police force.
- All police reports (except under orders of the Courts of Law).
C. Special Branch
- Proceedings under the special preventive Acts of the State Govt/ Govt. of India.
II. Police Directorate
- Intelligence Branch including District IBs.
- Eastern Frontier Rifles.
- State Armed Police.
- Indian Reserve Battalion
- Enforcement Branch.
- Secret Source Fund.
- Reserve Force.
- Secret Section including Secret Source Fund.
III. Kolkata Police
- Special Branch
- Detective Department.
- Security Control Organization.
- Enforcement Branch.
- Kolkata Armed Police including Reserve Force
- Secret Source Fund
- Confidential section.
The Governor is further pleased to state that the information pertaining to allegations of corruptions and human rights violations in respect of the above organization of Police Directorate and Kolkata Police will not be kept beyond purview of the “Right to Information Act, 2005” under Section 24(4) of the act bid.
By order of the Governor,
Sd/- Trilochon Singh,
Secretary to the Govt. of West Bengal
No. 541-PAR dated 29.08.2006, Source