Update: Notification No. 987-Edn dated 21.08.2018
Government of West Bengal
Department of Higher Education, Science & Technology
College Sponsored Branch
Bikash Bhavan, SaltLake, Kolkata – 700 091
No. 842-Edn(CS)/10M-95/14 Dated, Kolkata the 17th July, 2018
Sub: Online admissions for the Academic Session 2018-19 to all UG Courses
In continuation of the Notification No. 758-Edn(CS)/10M-95/14 dated 03.07.2018 and No. 781-Edn(CS)/10M-95/14 dated 04.07.2018, it is hereby directed that various colleges under affiliating State Aided Universities in West Bengal will take further action to fill up the vacant seats as on date in the undergraduate courses from the applicants who have already submitted applications or those who may apply for the vacant seats through online portal of the concerned institutions in the following manner-
1) On-line admission process should be done based on merit and prospective students should not be called for counseling or verification of documents during the process of admission.
2) Eligible applicants should be informed directly by the college authorities through telecommunication/ or e-mail.
3) Payment of fees should be done only through e-payment/ designated banks and not at the colleges.
4) List of eligible applicants should be handed over to the designated bank branches for verification during payment through banks.
5) Verification process should be done, if required, only when the students report for the classes in due course.
6) Admission process for vacant seats should be completed by 20.8.2018.
This direction is issued in exercise of the powers conferred by section 18 of the West Bengal Universities and Colleges (Administration and Regulation) Act, 2017.
Sd/- Dr. R. S. Shukla
Additional Chief Secretary to the
Govt. of West Bengal