Online Admission into PG Courses for Session, 2023-24
Higher Education, Admission
Government of West Bengal
Department of Higher Education
College Sponsored Branch
Bikash Bhavan, 6th Floor: Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700 091
No. 439-Edn(CS)/10M-95/14 Date: 13th July 2023
Sub: Online admissions for the Academic Session 2023-2024 to all PG Courses
The results of the different Undergraduate level programmes under different Universities in the State of West Bengal are expected to be published by the end of August 2023.
For Post Graduate Programmes in the State, the State Government in the Higher Education Department has advised to start the procedure for admission by the concerned Universities/ Higher Educational Institutions (HEIs) in Post Graduate Programmes for the academic session 2023-2024 with effect from 1st September. 2023 and to prescribe the following guidelines for the Universities.
For Post Graduate Programmes (1st semester PG admission)
a) Publication of Results of the Final Semester UG programmes by – 31st August 2023
b) Date of opening of Online Portal for Application for PG programmes by – 01st September 2023
c) Submission of Applications in the Online Portal for PG programmes by – 15th September 2023
d) Publication of Merit Lists in PG programmes by – 20th September 2023
e) Start of 1st Semester classes of PG programmes by – 3rd October 2023
However, beyond the above schedule the willing Universities/ HEIs may reopen their Admission Portal for PG programmes, if required, subject to availability of vacancies at the University/ Institution level, as the case may be. But it is advised that the entire process of admission at PG level be completed positively by the first week of November 2023.
1) On-line admission process should be done strictly based on merit. Prospective students should not be called for counselling or verification of documents during the process of admission. No physical presence will be required at the HEIs.
2) No Charges shall be taken from the students for (i) scanning/ uploading of documents for online admission and (ii) providing/ making available the application form/ prospectus of admission in all PG level programmes like last year.
3) Eligible applicants should be informed directly by the HEI authorities through letter or e-mail or telecommunication.
4) Payment of fees should be done only through e-payment or designated banks and not physically at the colleges.
5) List of eligible applicants should be handed over to the designated bank branches for verification during payment through banks. Banks will receive admission fees based on merit list.
6) All testimonials are required to be uploaded online during application. Verification of documents, if required, should be done only when the students report for the classes in due course. Admission will be cancelled if the documents are found not in conformity with the declaration in the forms submitted on-line.
7) The ratio for Home University students and other University students shall be 80:20 in case of State aided Affiliated Universities. The ratio for Home University students and other University students shall be 90:10 in case of State aided Unitary Universities. However, the unfilled Home University Seats, if any, will be filled up by the outside University students and vice-versa.
8) All Stakeholders shall adhere to the COVID-19 norms/ protocol, issued by the Government from time to time.
Vice-Chancellors/ Registrars of all State-aided Universities are requested to take necessary steps in this regard, including issuance of suitable instructions to all the affiliated HEIs, where PG programmes are running. However, the Netaji Subhas Open University shall follow the time schedule as per guidelines of Open Distance Learning as done last year.
This advisory does not apply to admission to teacher training courses such as B.Ed., B.P.Ed., M.Ed., or M.P.Ed. etc., for which a separate Notification has been issued.
This is issued with the approval of competent authority and will remain in effect until further order.
Sd/- Senior Special Secretary
No. 439-Edn dated 13.07.2023, Source