WEST BENGAL BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION
NIVEDITA BHAWAN, DJ-8, SECTOR-II,
Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700 091
Circular No.: 82/Admin/14 Date: 27.03.2014
West Bengal Board of Secondary Education
Nivedita Bhawan, DJ-8, Sector-II, Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700 091
The Heads of all Recognised Non-Govt. (Aided & Unaided) Secondary Schools.
Sub: (i) Postponement of Election/ Reconstitution of the Managing Committee of the Recognised Secondary Schools in view of the ensuing Indian Parliamentary Election, 2014.
(ii) Extension of the tenure of the Managing Committees/ Ad-hoc Committees/ Organising Committees/ Administrators.
In exercise of the powers conferred upon the Administrator by Sub-Section 2 of Section 28 read with Sub-Section 1(b) of Section 50 of the W B B S E Act 1963 as amended I am pleased to notify that in view of the declaration of Parliamentary Election, 2014 to be held on 17/04/2014, 24/04/2014, 30/04/2014 07/05/2014 and 12/05/2014 in this State of West Bengal through notification and enforcement of the Model Code of Conduct from 05/03/2014, the entire process of constitution/ reconstitution of the Managing Committees shall remain suspended till the completion of the election process.
1) This order is not applicable for those schools, which have already converted to Govt. Sponsored School vide order dated 30/09/2013 and 31/01/2014 issued by the Schools Education Department (Secondary Branch), Govt. of West Bengal.
2) The tenure of Managing Committee/ Ad-hoc Committee/ Organising Committee/ Administrator expired on 30/11/2013 or beyond 30/11/2013 onwards is hereby extended upto 31/08/2014 or till completion of constitution/ reconstitution of the Managing Committee, whichever is earlier.
3) The Board, however reserves the right to appoint Administrator/ Ad-hoc-Committee where the same would be necessary for administrative reasons for the filling up the administrative vacuum in the concerned schools, if any.
4) The above Circular is not applicable for those schools where any contrary order from the Hon’ble Court prevails.
5) In case of schools where election in different categories other than office-bearers have already been completed prior to 31/12/2013, the election of the office-bearers shall stands deferred till the completion of the election process.
6) In case of any doubt or dispute in the matter of holding of election at any stage the matter must be referred to the Board whose decision shall thereon, shall be final.
Sd/- Kalyanmoy Ganguly