Recruitment of TET Qualified Trained Candidates in Primary Schools
- Update: To allow B.Ed Candidates in the recruitment process vide No. 1714-WBBPE dated 01.11.2022
- Update: Additional Training Qualification vide No. 1704-WBBPE dated 28.10.2022
- Update: Vacancy Position and Launching of Application Portal vide No. 1573-WBBPE dated 21.10.2022
- Corrigendum: Application Fees for Primary School Teachers Recruitment, 2022 vide No. 1573-WBBPE dated 22.10.2022
West Bengal Board of Primary Education
“Acharya Prafulla Chandra Bhavan”, DK 7/1, Sector II, Bidhannagar, Kolkata 700091
No. 1573/WBBPE/2022 Date: 29.09.2022
Recruitment of TET qualified trained candidates to the posts of Assistant Teacher in Govt. Aided/ Govt. Sponsored/ Junior Basic Primary Schools
This is to notify for all concerned that the West Bengal Board of Primary Education is going to recruit TET qualified trained candidates of West Bengal seeking appointment to the posts of Assistant Teacher in Govt. Aided/ Govt. Sponsored/ Junior Basic Primary Schools against the State-wide position of vacancy to be declared later on.
The selection and appointment of the candidates shall be made strictly in terms of West Bengal Primary School Teachers Recruitment Rules, 2016 (amended upto date).
1. Vacancy and Reservation Criteria: Candidate shall apply for the post of primary school teacher against a State-wide declared vacancy position. Preference for district shall be taken at the time of online application (subject to availability of appropriate medium wise & category-wise vacancy). The reservation quota for the candidate belonging to the Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC-A and OBC-B), Exempted Categories (EC), Ex-Servicemen and for Physically Handicapped (PH) candidates, shall be maintained as per the existing reservation norms of the Govt, of West Bengal.
2. Scale of Pay: Basic Rs. 28,900/- plus DA as admissible plus HRA @12% of the basic plus MA as admissible.
3. Qualification: (a) No person shall be appointed by the concerned District Primary School Council/ Primary School Council as an Assistant Teacher unless he/she is a citizen of India and has completed the age of 18 years as on 1st day of January of the year of advertisement (i.e. 01.01.2022) and has not completed the age of 40 years on the 1st day of January of the year of advertisement (i.e. 01.01.2022). Relaxation of age as per the existing rule of the State Govt. is admissible.
(b) The candidate shall possess the minimum educational and training qualifications as prescribed by the National Council for Teacher Education prevailing as on date of publication of recruitment notification.
TET qualified candidates who are undergoing D.EI.Ed./ D.Ed. (Special Education)/ B.Ed. Training (session-2020-2022) and who have qualified in D.EI.Ed./D.Ed. (Special Education) / B.Ed. Training Part-I examination (session-2020-2022) will be given opportunity to participate in the recruitment process to be initiated by the Board.
(c) Passed in the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET), conducted by the West Bengal Board of Primary Education, in accordance with the guidelines framed by the NCTE for the purpose.
Relaxation: Candidates belonging to reserved categories viz. candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC-A and OBC-B), Exempted Categories (EC), Ex-Servicemen and for Physically Handicapped (PH) candidates, shall be allowed relaxation up to 5% in the qualifying marks.
(d) Ability to read, write and speak in the language relating to the medium of schools for which the candidate wishes to apply.
Note 1.- Any candidate seeking appointment to the post of primary school teacher shall have studied and passed in the specific language as the first or second language in the Higher Secondary Level or equivalent for which medium of instruction, the candidate is seeking appointment. Provided that in case of Santhali as medium of instruction, the candidate shall only be required to possess proficiency of reading, writing and speaking in Santhali. Here, Santhali means Santhali in Oi-Chiki Script. It shall not be obligatory for the candidates seeking appointment to the post of primary school teacher in Santhali medium schools to have passed in the specific language as the first or the second language in the Higher Secondary Level or its equivalent for which medium of instruction, the candidate is seeking appointment.
Note 2.- In case of the certificate issued by the authority other than the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education, the said certificate issuing authority shall either be set up as a statutory authority or the said certificate issuing authority shall be authorized by the Government of India or by the State Government of the concerned State, as the case may be, for issuing Higher Secondary Level certificates.
Note 3.- All candidates must have studied and obtained Madhyamik (Secondary) Pass Certificate or its equivalent with Mathematics and English as subjects.
Note 4.- The equivalent of Madhyamik certificate means the said certificate issuing authority shall either be set up on the basis of provisions of a legislation passed by the Government of India or by the State Government of the concerned State and or as the said statutory authority must be authorized by the Government of India or by the State Government of the concerned State, as the case may be, for issuing Secondary Level certificates.
Note 5.- The decision of State Government on the question of equivalence shall be final.
Note 6.- 10% of the vacant posts earmarked for Para-teachers.
Provided that the qualifications for such categories of candidates shall be the same as mentioned in the rules:
Interview: After prima facie scrutiny of the duly filled application form submitted by the candidate having NCTE prescribed qualification and fulfilling the conditions as prescribed in West Bengal Primary School Teachers Recruitment Rules, 2016 (amended upto date) will be called for the Scrutiny/ Verification of the testimonials, Viva-voce / Interview and Aptitude Test.
(The eligible candidates will be intimated of their respective venues, date and time of their Scrutiny/ Verification of the testimonials, Viva-Voce / Interview and Aptitude Test in due course).
4. Application Fees: Rs. 200/- for General candidates, Rs. 150/- for OBC-A and OBC-B candidates and Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PH candidates.
The candidates may pay the examination fee either by credit card/debit card/intemet banking. The additional processing charges will be applicable.
5. The Recruitment Notification and the Application Form will be available in the websites: www.wbbpe.org, https://wbbprimaryeducation.org on or after 21.10.2022.
6. The steps to be followed for online application (how to apply) will be available in the aforesaid websites.
Sd/- Dr. R. C. Bagchi
No. 1573-WBBPE dated 29.09.2022, SourceSchool Education, Teacher Eligibility Test