West Bengal Act XIII of 1963
West Bengal Shops and Establishments Act, 1963
An Act to regulate holidays, hours of work, payment of wages and leave of persons employed in shops and establishments.
- Short title, extent, commencement and application.
- References to time of day
- Act or some of its provisions not applicable to certain establishments, shops and persons
- Holidays in shops and establishments
- Hours of work in shops
- Hours of work in establishments
- Special provisions for young persons
- Restriction on employment of children
- Restriction on employment of young persons or women
- Person employed to be entitled to wages for the period of privilege leave in case of termination of service
- Wages for overtime work
- Payment and recovery of wages
- Notice of termination of service
- Registration of shops and establishments
- Shopkeepers and employers to maintain and keep records, etc.
- Persons employed to be furnished with letter of appointment
- Appointment of Inspectors
- Powers or Inspectors
- Savings of certain rights and privileges
- Power to make rules