Labour Department is dedicated to the cause of the toiling masses, and for providing them better standard of living through various laws and schemes implemented by different wings under its control.
- Appeal to Employers for Payment of Bonus/ Ex-Gratia
Government expects that the employers in the unorganized sectors shall also pay bonus/ex-gratia to their workers before commencement of Durga Puja, 2017.
- West Bengal Unorganised Sector Workers’ Welfare Act, 2007
An Act to provide for social security and welfare of certain unorganised sector workers and to provide other measures connected therewith or incidental thereto.
- Rates of Daily Wages of Daily-Rated Workers, 2016
Rates of daily wages of daily-rated workers under the Government whose wages are not regulated by any of the Statutory provisions like the Minimum Wages Act, etc. for 2016.
- Scheme of Provident Fund for Unorganized Workers
A scheme in the name of “State Assisted Scheme of Provident Fund for Unorganized Workers” (SASPFUW) was introduced by Labour Department in 2001.
- Compassionate Appointment: Revised Provision
Governor is pleased to revise the provisions of existing guidelines to dispose of the cases of compassionate appointment in a just and equitable manner.
- Scheme for Skill Development for the Registered Job-seekers
Providing training for registered job-seekers through selected Institutions, certification thereof and disbursement of subsidy for such training programmes upto a maximum amount of Rs. 5000/- or 50% of the course fee whichever is less.
- Exemption of Earnest Money for Labour Co-operative Societies
Labour Co-operative Societies are exempted from payment of Earnest Money against all tenders of the Government. These Societies, if selected through tender, will have to furnish requisite Security Deposit.
- National Career Service Portal – A Job Matching Service
Job seekers, job providers can register at National Career Service Portal (http://www.ncs.gov.in/). The portal provides job matching, career counselling content, Local services etc.
- West Bengal Labour Welfare Fund Rules, 1976
Employer of every establishment shall pay to Welfare Commissioner the employer’s contribution and the employee’s contribution before 15th January and 15th July every year.
- Scholarship/ Book Grant from West Bengal Labour Welfare Fund
West Bengal Labour Welfare Board invites application for awarding Scholarship/ Book Grant to the sons and daughters, who are contributing to West Bengal Labour Welfare Fund. Last date: 31.01.2015.