West Bengal State Council of Technical and Vocational Education and Skill Development Act, 2013
GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
No. 271-L. Dated 14th February, 2014.
West Bengal Act XXVI of 2013
THE WEST BENGAL STATE COUNCIL OF TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND SKILL DEVELOPMENT ACT, 2013.
An Act to provide for the establishment of single State Council of Technical and Vocational Education and Skill Development by amalgamating two Councils, namely, the West Bengal State Council of Technical Education and the West Bengal State Council of Vocational Education and Training in order to establish an integrated, appropriate and unified framework to enable appropriate competencies in the skilling of manpower of the State in terms of different trades or skills, and to take steps to strengthen skill development initiatives in a co-ordinated manner and to provide for the matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
- Short title, extent and commencement.
- Establishment, incorporation and jurisdiction of Council.
- Aims of the Council.
- Composition of the Council.
- Issue of appointment letter and publication of names of appointed or nominated members.
- Terms of office of members of Council.
- Casual vacancy.
- Terms and conditions of service of members of Council.
- Meetings of Council.
- Effect of vacancies amongst members or defect in constitution of Council on acts or proceedings of Council.
- Appointment of Consultants or Associates on a Temporary basis by Council for particular purpose.
- Staff of Council.
- Authentication of orders and other instruments of Council.
Power and Functions of the Council
- Powers and functions of the Council.
- Powers and functions of Chief Administrative Officer (CAO).
Committees of the Council
- Executive Committee of Council.
- Board of Studies and Skilling.
- Board of Assessment. Examination and Certification.
- Recognition Committee.
Finance, Accounts and Audit
- Payment to Council by State Government.
- Council Fund.
- Application of Fund.
- Annual Report.
- Audit and Audit Report.
- Council to Furnish information.
- Power of the State Government to suspend proceedings.
- Certain persons to deem to be public servants.
- Power to make rules.
- Power to make regulations.
- Council to be guided by direction of State Government.
- Supersession of Council.
- Consequence of supersession.
- Council to continue as body corporate.
- Re-establishment of Council.
- Power to remove difficulties.
- Repeal and saving.
No. 271-L dated 14.02.2014, SourceTechnical Education and Training, Education Act, Vocational