Ensuring Adequate Allotment to DDOs and Drawal of Bills, 2017
Published in Finance. Tags: Pay & Accounts, Treasury.
Government of West Bengal
No. 3261-F(Y) Dated: 25th May, 2017
Sub: Ensuring adequate allotment to DDOs and drawal of Bills against allotment.
Finance Department has already released 33% of the budgetary provisions for the period from April to July 2017 vide Memo No. 1836-FB dated 31.03.2017.
2. Rule 4.008 of WBTR, 2005 requires no Bill shall be entertained by the Treasury /PAO unless there is allotment of fund.
3. The administrative departments and controlling officers are expected to sub-allot the fund released by Finance Department immediately to the DDOs through e-Bantan module of IFMS. Therefore, necessity may not arise for drawal in anticipation of allotment of fund, if sub-allotment is done through the system by the departments and controlling officers timely.
4. To facilitate the availability of allotment at various levels, Finance (Budget) Department has already issued Guidelines for online Re-appropriation through e-Bantan of IFMS vide Memo No. 110-F(B) dated 25th April 2017.
5. However, in very rare cases in which allotment of fund could not reach D.D.O. and Treasury /PAO electronically in time, and/or Re-appropriation process has not yet been completed, the State Government has decided to allow acceptance of the following categories of bills by Treasuries/PAOs in anticipation of allotment of fund for the next five months of the Financial Year, 2017-2018, i.e., from 1st May, 2017 to 30th September, 2017, by which time all allotting and sub-allotting authorities will take necessary steps so that all allotments may reach the DDO and Treasuries/ PAOs in time –
i. Salary/ Remuneration/ Wages.
ii. Honorarium and Additional Honorarium for staff and Expenditure for running ICDS centres.
iii. Stipends in respect of Internees, House-staff, P.G. Students and Trainee Nurses of Medical Colleges and hospitals of different nature under Health & Family Welfare Department.
iv. Salary of doctors appointed by Health & Family Welfare Department on ad-hoc basis.
v. Office telephone bills.
vi. Electricity charges of office establishments.
vii. Diet and oxygen costs.
viii. Washing charges for linens used in hospitals.
ix. Cost of disposal of unclaimed dead bodies and Funeral expenses.
x. Charge for scavenging by service providers engaged by Health & Family Welfare Department.
xi. State share of Pension of Freedom Fighters.
xii. Medical Reimbursement/ Advance under WBHS, 2008.
xiii. AIS (MA) Rules drawn under the detailed head “07-Medical Reimbursement”.
xiv. Medical reimbursement/ advance in respect of Judicial Officers including retired judicial officers governed by separate rules.
7. This order supersedes all previous orders issued in this context.
Sd/- H.K. Dwivedi
Principal Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal
No. 3261-F dated 25.05.2017, Source