Ensuring Adequate Allotment to DDOs and Drawal of Bills, 2018
Finance. Pay & Accounts, Treasury.
Government of West Bengal
No. 5709-F(Y) Dated 5th September, 2018
Sub: Ensuring adequate allotment to DDOs and drawal of Bills against allotment.
1. Finance (Budget) Department has released 70% of the budget provision of the financial year 2018-2019 vide their Memo. No. 1872-FB, dt. 26.03.2018.
2. Under this Deptt.’s Memo. No. 4718-F(Y), dt. 24.07.2018, certain categories of bills were earlier allowed to be passed in anticipation of allotment of fund for the period from 1st July, 2018 to 31st August, 2018.
3. In terms of Rule 4.008 of WBTR, 2005, no Bill shall be entertained by the Treasury/ PAO unless there is allotment of fund.
4. The administrative departments and controlling officers are expected to sub-allot the fund released by Finance Department immediately to the DDOs through e-Bantan module of IFMS. Therefore, necessity may not arise for drawal in anticipation of allotment of fund, if suballotment is done through the system by the departments and controlling officers timely.
5. Like previous occasion, in very rare cases in which allotment of fund could not reach D.D.O. and Treasury/ PAO electronically in time, the State Government has decided to allow acceptance of the following categories of bills by Treasuries/ PAOs in anticipation of allotment of fund for the period of next 4 months i.e. from 1st September, 2018 to 31st December, 2018 of current financial year 2018-19 by which time all allotting and sub-allotting authorities will take necessary steps so that all allotments may reach the DDO and Treasuries/ PAOs in time-
i) Salary/ Remuneration/ Wages
ii) Honorarium and Additional Honorarium for staff and Expenditure for running ICDS centres.
iii) Stipends in respect of Internees, House-staff, P.G. Students and Trainee Nurses of Medical Colleges and hospitals of different nature under Health & Family Welfare Department.
iv) Salary of doctors appointed by Health & Family Welfare Department on ad-hoc basis.
v) Diet and oxygen costs.
vi) Washing charges for linens used in hospitals.
vii) Cost of disposal of unclaimed dead bodies and Funeral expenses.
viii) State share of Pension of Freedom Fighters.
ix) Medical Reimbursement/ Advance under WBHS, 2008 and West Bengal Health for All Employees and Pensioners Cashless Medical Treatment Scheme, 2014.
x) AIS (MA) Rules drawn under the detailed head “07-Medical Reimbursement”
xi) Medical reimbursement/ advance in respect of Judicial Officers including retired judicial officers governed by separate rules.
xii) Charges of Security agencies engaged in Government Offices.
xiii) Charge for scavenging by service providers engaged by Health & Family Welfare Department.
xiv) Bills related to LTC and LTC advance.
xv) Office telephone bills.
xvi) Electricity charges of office establishments.
6. The net grant statement for F.Y. 2017-18 should be sent by each Government office to its concerned authority accordingly.
7. For drawal of fund in any case not covered by this order, prior approval of Group-T, Finance Department will mandatorily be required.
8. The instructions contained in para 3 & 4 of this Department Memo. No. 1984-F(Y) dated 07.04.2016 shall continue to remain in force until further order.
Sd/- H.K. Dwivedi
Additional Chief Secretary
to the Government of West Bengal
No. 5709-F dated 05.09.2018, Source