Introduction of Some New Facilities in HRMS
Finance, IFMS, Leave
Government of West Bengal
Nabanna (12th Floor), Howrah- 711102
No. 4379-F(eGOV.) Dated : 17/07/2023
Sub: Introduction of some new facilities in HRMS
It was under consideration of the Government to provide some additional facilities to deal with establishment related matters in the digital platform of HRMS of WBIFMS. Now, the Governor has been pleased to introduce the below mentioned facilities in HRMS.
1) Section/ Group creation within Office and tagging of employees with Section:-
Inorder to enable the Head of Offices (HOO) to deal with the establishment related issues of employees under its control in a realistic way, a facility has been developed in HRMS module of WBIFMS to introduce one of the important sub-units of the organization that is known by different names like Section, Group, Branch etc. In the realm of police administration, it is equivalent to a Thana/Police Station for the Office of SP while in Health Department Sub Centres under a BPHC may be equated to the Section concept. In HRMS, this sub-unit will be generically termed as Section irrespective of the actual name by which it is called. The right to create sections has been made available to the Head of Office (HOO) under the menu <Create Group/Section/Branch>. After creation of the Section/Group, the employees are to be tagged with the Section/Group to which they belong using the same menu. It would also be helpful to deal with the transfer of employees from one section to another in the same office and to create Section based workflows so that activities and flow of documents in a section can take place through the unique channel defined for it. And the flow may differ from section to section.
2) Creation of HRMS ID for retired employees:-
Consequent upon introduction of Non-Government Institution PF sub-module of WBIFMS and to get rid of the “Non HRMS Bill drawal facility”, which had to be introduced as a stop-gap measure for settlement of retirement benefit related claims for employees having no HRMS Id, a new facility for the purpose has been given to the DDOs. This is an abridged version of normal HRMS Id creation procedure and now the DDOs can create such HRMS ID using the menu <Retired Employee> entering some essential information.
3) Legal heir entry for a deceased/ missing employee:-
This facility will enable the Heads of Offices of the deceased/missing employee to capture the details of legal heir(s) of the deceased/missing employee, provided HRMS ID of such deceased/missing employee has already been terminated in HRMS. If no HRMS Id exists for such an employee, the DDOs may use the facility in (2) above to create it. Thereafter, entering the details of legal heir(s) in the system by the concerned HOO will enable the DDO, in the absence of a valid nomination for that particular claim, to disburse the same in respect of that deceased/missing employee to his/her legal heir(s). However, if a nomination has already been made for any claim and the same has been accepted by the competent authority, that would be binding upon all and the payment has to be made to the nominee only.
4) Availability of database of deputed employees for modification:-
It has been observed that occasionally modification of employee details in respect of the deputed ones is required especially for those Officers desirous of submitting their SAR/Leave etc. online. If the employee is posted in a parastatal having no HOO Code, the parastatal may approach its controlling authority for creation of a Parastatal HOO Code. On the other hand, if there exists a Parastatal HOO Code, the employee database will be available in its <My Employee> menu, provided the concerned employee is linked with the parastatal HOO using the <Joining In> sub-menu under the menu . A parastatal, having HOO Code but no HOO login, has to approach its higher authority who created the HOO code to obtain the login.
But, if a Parastatal HOO Code can’t be made available at the moment for any reason whatsoever, the Appointing Authority (AA)/ Delegated Appointing Authority (DAA) can make the employee database available to itself and that can be found in the ‘Task list-> My Employee’ menu.
5) Introduction of Workflow for Leave:-
The workflow facility which is by now quite familiar to the users of WBIFMS is now extended to Leave sub module of HRMS. The pre-conditions for using the workflow facility are as enumerated below:
i) identification of ‘Custodian of the Service Book’ for the employees so as to pinpoint the Earned Leave Sanctioning Authority in respect of them. It is the Cadre Controlling Authority (CCA) in relation to an employee, who created the sanctioned post(s) for those employees in HRMS, only will have the privilege to declare the ‘Custodian of the Service Book’ of the employees. The CCAs can do so using the menu <Declaration of Approving Authority>.
ii) Before the step (i) above, using the HOO login associated with an Appointing Authority (AA), the HOO itself has to map its own HOO Code with the AA Code. This is required to identify the Office Code of the Appointing Authorities (AAs) in HRMS as until now no Office Code is associated with the AAs. And that can be done by the HOO using the menu ‘Organizational Structure and Workflow-> Mapping of Appointing Authority’.
Once the two steps as in (i) and (ii) above are completed, the Leave Workflow can be created using the HOO login.
In order to make the Workflow as close to the rules and conventions being followed in reality, two different workflows may be created for two types of leaves.
A. Leaves which are generally approved by the Controlling Officer/ HOO such as Casual Leave, Quarantine Leave. These types of leaves will normally move through the workflow created by the HOO to which the particular employee is tagged.
B. Leaves which are to be approved by the Cadre Controlling Authority (CCA)/ Appointing Authority such as Earned Leave, Commuted Leave, Half Pay Leave etc.
- For these leaves, the HOO have to forward the same to the CCA/AA according to the convention followed for a particular cadre. However, if the HOO has been declared by the CCA to be the Custodian of Service Book, the HOO will be able to approve the same without forwarding it to any other authority. If there is any special order to deal with these leaves for any particular cadre, the HOO will forward that leave to the authority designated by that order.
In order to cover the process flow of different kinds of leaves for all the employees posted in an office, while creating the Workflow the following points may be considered:
- If an employee adds another HOO as his/her Alternative HOO, (s)he will get an option to select one of the two HOOs to whom he wants to forward the leave application and based on his selection, the leave application will go to the selected HOO’s office and will be dealt with by the workflow created there.
- However, in case of police personnel, there is a scope of forwarding leave applications to different authorities. As such, there will be a button using which the top-level user in a workflow chain would get a scope to forward the leave application to another office by selecting the relevant HOO Code.
There is a facility to credit different types of periodical leaves in bulk, instead of doing the same for each employee individually, under menu . This can be done in the following ways-
- For the leaves included in (A) above the leave scheduler should be run by the HOO to which the employee is tagged.
- For the leaves specified in (B) above the leave scheduler should be run by the HOO who is the Custodian of Service Book of that employee.
However, the facility to credit periodical leaves for an individual employee will always be there and in that case HRMS Id of the employee is to be entered into the system while running the Leave Scheduler.
Dilip Kr. Das, WBA & AS
Special Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal
No. 4379-F dated 17.07.2023, Source