Online GPF Module to Group D Work Charged Employees
Government of West Bengal
No: 1999-F(J)W.B. Dated 5th June, 2018
Sub:- Extension of Online GPF Module to Group D Work Charged Employees of the State
Ref:- Finance Department Memorandum No. 734-F(J)W.B. dated- 28.02.2018 and 1353-F(J) W.B. dated 18.04.2018
The Finance Department vide Notification No. 734-F(J)W.B. dated 28.02.2018 has notified that the Head of Offices (HOOs) shall cease to maintain the General Provident Fund Accounts of Group D employees of the State with effect from 01.04.2018 and instead the Directorate of Pension, Provident Fund and Group Insurance, West Bengal (DPPG) shall maintain the General Provident Fund Accounts in IFMS in Online Platform w.e.f. 01.04.2018.
2. Clarification was issued later vide Finance Department Memo No. 1353-F(J) W.B. dated 18.04.2018 that Group-D work charged employees shall not come under the purview of Online GPF Module at present. However, it was under the consideration of the Government from sometime past to bring the Group-D work charge employees within the purview of Online GPF Module at the earliest.
3. Now in partial modification of the Order No. 1353-F(J)W.B. dated 18.04.2018, the Governor is pleased to declare that the Group-D Work Charged employees shall be brought under the purview of Online GPF Module with retrospective effect from 01.04.2018. Accordingly, the following aspects are to be followed by the concerned Head of Offices.
1) All Work Charged employees shall be mapped with their respective Head of Offices in the stakeholder module of HRMS within 15.06.2018.
2) After completion of stakeholder mapping, capturing and approval of GPF Balance as on 01.04.2018 of Group-D Work Charged employees shall be completed following the procedure as laid down in Notification No. 734-F(J)W.B. dated 28.02.2018 within 22.06.2018. After approval by Head of Offices, the required documents viz. Annexure-I & II shall be sent to DPPG by 29.06.2018 without fail.
3) Application and processing of final payment of accumulated GPF balances becoming payable to Group-D Work Charged employees due to retirement, death, resignation or otherwise on or after the date of issuance of this order shall be processed following the procedure as laid down in Notification No. 1115-F(J)W.B. dated 28.02.2018. Final Payment of GPF accumulation shall be made on the basis of Final Payment Authority issued by DPPG, W.B only.
4) Final payment of accumulated GPF balance of those Group-D Work Charged employees falling due to retirement, death, resignation or otherwise before the date of issuance of this order shall be made following the existing procedure. However, GPF Balance of those Group-D employees as on 01.04.2018 shall also require to be captured and approved following the procedure as laid down in Notification No. 734-F(J)W.B. dated 28.02.2018.
5) Necessary amendments in “The General Provident Fund (West Bengal Services) Rules” shall be made in due course.
Sd/- H.K. Dwivedi
Additional Chief Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal
No. 1999-F dated 05.06.2018, SourceFinance, DPPG, IFMS, Provident Fund, Work Charged