National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Examination, 2015
School Education. Scholarship.
National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Examination, 2015
Applications are invited from 12-08-2015 to 11-09-2015 from the meritorious students of Class-VIII studying in Govt., Govt. Sponsored, Govt. Aided and Local Body managed schools or madrasahs having 55% (50% in case of SC/ST) marks in the previous annual examination (examination of class VII) and whose parental income is less than Rs. 1.5 lac per annum. For detailed information and application form, the willing students may visit School Education Department’s website www.wbsed.gov.in. The filled-in application form along with duly signed, authenticated and attested Annual Income Certificate of the parents (mandatory for all), Mark-sheet of Class VII Annual Examination, Caste and Disability Certificate(s) (if applicable) must be submitted to the concerned District Inspector of Schools (Secondary Education) by 11th September, 2015 for appearing at the NMMS Examination 2015. No fee is charged.
The Admission (Admit) cards would have to be collected by the candidates in person from the office of the District Inspector of Schools (Secondary Education) of the concerned District.
Sd/- Avanindra Singh
Commissioner of School Education
Postal Address of the 22 Offices of District Inspector of Schools (Secondary Education) including Two Educational Districts of West Bengal
|1.||District Inspector of Schools (Secondary), Bankura, Bidya Bhawan, Court Compound, P.O. & Dist: Bankura, Pin:7221o1||12.||District Inspector of Schools (Secondary), Kolkata, Siksha Bhawan, 27A, Bosepurkur Road, 5th Floor, Kolkata-700 042|
|2.||District Inspector of Schools (Secondary), Barrackpur, 6o, Barasat Road, P.O. Nonachandanpukur, Dist- North 24 Parganas, Pin-743102||13.||District Inspector of Schools (Secondary), Malda, Siksha Bhawan, Atul Chandra Market, Mahesh Mati Road, P.O.- Malda, Dist-Malda, Pin-732101|
|3.||District Inspector of Schools (Secondary), Birbhum, Vidya Sagar Bhavan, P.O. Suri, Dist-Birbhum, Pin-731101||14.||District Inspector of Schools (Secondary), Murshidabad, Siksha Bhawan, Panchantala, P.O. Berhampore, Dist- Murshidabad, Pin-742 101|
|4.||District Inspector of Schools (Secondary), Burdwan, Netaji Bhawan, Kachari Road, P.O. & Dist-Burdwan, Pin-713 101||15.||District Inspector of Schools (Secondary), Nadia, Siksha Bhawan, P.O. Krishnanagar, Dist:-Nadia, Pin-741101|
|5.||District Inspector of Schools (Secondary), Coochbehar, P.O. & Dist- Coochbehar, Pin-736 101||16.||District Inspector of Schools (Secondary), North 24 Parganas, Siksha Bhawan, 16/1, K.K. Mitra Road, P.O. Barasat, Dist:- North 24 Parganas, 700 124|
|6.||District Inspector of Schools (Secondary), Dakshin Dinajpur, Beltala Park, P.O. Balurghat, Dist- Dakshin Dinajpur, Pin-733 103||17.||District Inspector of Schools (Secondary), Paschim Medinipur, Siksha Bhawan, P.O. Midnapore, Dist:- Paschim Medinipur, Pin-721101|
|7.||District Inspector of Schools (Secondary), Darjeeling, GTA, Old Secretariat Building, P.O.& Dist:-Darjeeling Pin-734 101||18.||District Inspector of Schools (Secondary), Purba Medinipur, P.O. Tamluk, Dist:- Purba Medinipur, Pin-721636|
|8.||District Inspector of Schools (Secondary), Hooghly, Pankhatuli Road, P.O. Pipulpati, Dist- Hooghly Pin:-712103||19.||District Inspector of Schools (Secondary), Purulia, Siksha Bhawan, P.O. Purulia, Dist:- Purulia, Pin:-723101|
|9.||District Inspector of Schools (Secondary), Howrah, Siksha Bhawan, 18, Nityadhan Mukherjee Road, P.O. & Dist- Howrah, Pin-711101||20.||District Inspector of Schools (Secondary), Siliguri, Alo Bhavan, 250/183, Nandalal Bose Sarani Collegepara, P.O. Siliguri, Dist:- Darjeeling, Pin:-734001|
|10.||District Inspector of Schools (Secondary), Jalpaiguri, Mohanta para, P.O. & Dist:- Jalpaiguri, Pin-735 101||21.||District Inspector of Schools (Secondary), South 24 Parganas, Administrative Buildings, Alipore, Kolkata, Pin-700 027|
|11.||District Inspector of Schools (Secondary), Uttar Dinajpur, P.O. Karnojora-via-Raiganj Dist:- Uttar Dinajpur, Pin-733130||22.||District Inspector of Schools (Secondary), Alipurduar, College Para, Alipurduar, Pin-736121|
Instructions for Centrally Sponsored National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship Examination, 2015
- Date of Examination: 08.11.2015
- Name and address of state Agency: Directorate of School Education, West Bengal, Bikash Bhavan, 7th floor, Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700091.
- Students of class VIII who secured 55% and above marks in the annual examination of class VII are eligible to appear in the centrally sponsored NMMS Examination, 2015 for class VIII. 5% relaxation to SC, ST, Disabled candidates.
- Students of Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya and State Government run residential schools are not entitled to get Scholarship. The students must be studying in Government Schools/Government Aided School/ Local Body and Government Sponsored Schools including Madrasah.
- Parental Income should be below Rs. 1,50,000/- (One lakh fifty thousand) per annum from all sources. Income certificate to be attached as per G.O.I. guideline.
i. For salaried person Employer Certificate for the period from 01.04.2014 to 31.03.2015 in original to be attached to the hard copy of Application Form.
ii. For non-salaried person Salary Certificate for the period from 01.04.2014 and 31.03.2015 must be obtained from any Gazetted Officer not below the rank of Jt. B.D.O./ Executive Officer (In case of Corporation and Municipality area).
- The application form along with necessary certificates duly signed by the concerned School Authority must be submitted to the District Inspector of Schools (Secondary Education1 office of his/her district latest by 11.09.2015 failing which candidature of the student will be cancelled.
- Students are requested to enclose copy of Mark-sheet of last annual examination of class VII, copy of SC/ST certificate, issued by the Competent Authority and Disability Certificate (40% and above disability must be certified by the Competent Medical Board of the State Govt./ Central Govt.), wherever it is necessary. This is mandatory.
- Every applicant must have a bank A/c in his/her name. This A/c may be single or a joint A/c. In case of Joint bank A/c, he must be the first holder of that A/c. Once the bank details is submitted it is final. No request regarding change in the bank A/c No. will be entertained.
- Incomplete or defective application form is liable to be rejected.
INSTRUCTIONS TO THE CANDIDATE
(For the Students Studying in Class VIII)
- Reach the Examination Centre with Admit Card, Black Ball Pen at least half an hour before the commencement of the examination; and occupy the seat that bears your Roll Number.
- Without the Admit Card none will be allowed to sit for the Examination.
- DO NOT take calculator, mathematical and physical table or any other kind of ready reckoner to the Examination Hall.
- The examination will be conducted in two sessions on the same day.
- You have to sit for the examination in two PARTS:
(i) Part I is confined to Mental Ability Test.
(ii) Part II is confined to Scholastic Aptitude Test. The SAT will consist items from Science, Social Studies & from Mathematics.
- Each question carries one (1) mark.
- Write and encode your name and Roll Number as given in the Admit Card on the OMR Answer sheet as per instruction in the OMR Sheet & Roll Number on the cover page of the question booklet in the space provided.
- ‘Do not write your name in any part of the Question Booklet.
- All questions in the booklet are objective type. For each question four possible answers are given, but only one is correct. Your task is to find out the correct answer and mark your choice in the OMR Answer sheet.
- Record your answer using black ball point pen only. You have to indicate your answer on the OMR Answer sheet by darkening the circle as per instruction in the OMR Answer sheet.
- During the examination follow the instruction of the invigilator strictly.
- Hand over your OMR Answer sheet positively only to the Invigilator before you leave the Examination Hall.
|Name of the Tests||Type||Marks||No. of items||Duration (in minutes)|
|Mental Ability Test||Objective/MCQ||90||90||90 (10:30 am to 12 noon)|
|Scholastic Aptitude Test||Objective/MCQ||90||90||90 (1 pm to 2:30 pm)|