Government of School Education
Directorate of School Education
Bikash Bhavan, 7th Floor
Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700091
Centrally Sponsored National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship Examination 2016
(For the students studying in class VIII)
National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship Examination, 2016 (for the student studying in class VIII) will be held on 13th November, 2016 (Sunday) at different centres of West Bengal.
Directorate of School Education, West Bengal will conduct the said examination.
- Parental Income of the appearing candidates should be below Rs. 1,50,000/- (One lakh fifty thousand) per annum from all sources. Income certificate has to be uploaded.
- Students of Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya and State Government run residential schools or any private school are not entitled to apply or to get Scholarship.
- Online applications are invited from the students studying in class VIII of any recognized Government /Government Aided /Local Body or Government Sponsored Schools including Madrasah of West Bengal without residential facility and who have secured 55% and above marks in the final examination of class VII to appear in the centrally sponsored NMMS Examination, 2016 for class VIII. 5% relaxation to SC, ST, Disabled candidates.
- For salaried person, Employer Certificate for the period from 01.04.2015 to 31.03.2016 to be uploaded.
- For non-salaried person, income certificate for the period from 01.04.2015 to 31.03.2016 must be obtained from any Gazetted Officer not below the rank of Jt. B.D.O/ Executive Officer (In case of Corporation and Municipality area) to be uploaded.
- Online applications will be available in the School Education Department’s Scholarship portal- www.scholarships.wbsed.gov.in on and from 08.08.2016.
- Applicant has to print the filled- in application form and Certificate format to be filled up by the Head of school/ Institution where he/she is studying and get the Certificate signed with official seal by the Head of the Institution and upload the signed Certificate to his/her account along with scanned copy of (i) Mark-sheet of final examination of class VII (seven), (ii) Copy of Bank Passbook, (iii) Caste Certificate issued by the Competent Authority, (iv) Disability Certificate (40% and above disability must be certified by the Competent Medical Board of the State Govt./Central Govt.), whichever is applicable, duly signed by the concerned School Authority latest by 07.09.2016 i.e the last date of submission of application in all respect is 07.09.2016. The maximum size of scanned document(s) should be 50 KB. The application submission is complete only when the Certificate from Head of School/Institution and other necessary documents are uploaded else the candidature of the applicant will be cancelled.
- Every applicant must have a bank A/c in his/her name. This A/c may be single or a joint A/c. In case of Joint bank A/c, he/she must be the first holder of that A/c. Once the bank detail is submitted it is final and no request regarding change in the bank A/c no. will be entertained.
- If the applicants have Aadhaar Cards, the Bank A/c which they will mention in the on line application must be seeded with their Aadhaar Card and will mention the same in the space provided in the said application.
- There are two Educational Districts in addition to 20 Administrative Districts in West Bengal. Those are- BARRACKPORE EDUCATION DISTRICT (Sub-Division:- BARRAKPORE & SALT LAKE) & SILIGURI EDUCATION DISTRICT (Sub-Division:- SILIGURI)
- If an applicant is studying in any school under BARRACKPORE or SALT LAKE Subdivision, he/she must choose BARRACKPORE as district instead of NORTH 24 PARGANAS or KOLKATA
- If the candidate is studying in any school under SILIGURI Sub-division, he/she must choose SILIGURI as district instead of DARJEELING.
- Applicant should opt for the district in which he/she belongs actually within the Administrative Jurisdiction of the respective district.
- State Government does not charge any fee for the said Examination.
- The candidature of the applicant may be cancelled at any stage of the examination process without any reference if any false information is found in the filled-in application form of the said candidate. Also application form with incomplete/irrelevant information/photograph/scanned certificates is liable to be summarily rejected.
- The candidature of the applicant may be cancelled at any stage of the examination process or scholarship of a selected candidate may be stopped without any reference if it is found that he/she appeared from any unrecognized school.
- Notification for downloading Online Admit Card will be given on Notice Section. Please keep checking the scholarship portal for the same and any further information relating the examination.
Sd/- A. Singh
Commissioner of School Education,