Centrally Sponsored National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship Examination, 2020
(For the students studying in class VIII)
Instructions to the Applicants
Date of Examination: 17.01.2021
Date of submission of Online Application: From- 05.11.2020 To- 01.12.2020
❖ Name and address of state Agency:
Directorate of School Education, West Bengal, Bikash Bhavan, 7th floor, Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700091.
For any clarification applicants may contact District Inspector of Schools (Secondary Education) of the concerned District [Address of the DI/S (SE) given in the Notice section of the portal] where his or her school is situated or mail to email@example.com.
❖ Please go through the Instructions carefully before filling up the form Online.
There is no provision to submit the hardcopy of the form either in the Directorate of School Education, Bikash Bhavan or in the office of D.I/S (SE) of any district.
- Students of class VIII who secured 55% and above marks in the final examination of class VII are eligible to appear in the Centrally Sponsored NMMS Examination, 2020 for class VIII (5% relaxation to SC, ST, Disabled candidates).
- Students of Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya and State Government run residential schools or any Private school are not entitled to get Scholarship. The students must be studying in recognized Government Schools/ Government Aided School/ Local Body and Government Sponsored Schools including Madrasah without residential facility.
- Parental Income should be below Rs. 1,50,000/- (One lakh fifty thousand) per annum from all sources. Income certificate is to be uploaded.
- For salaried persons employed in Govt. Semi Govt. & Govt. Aided Organization/Institution, Employer Certificate for the period from 01.04.2019 to 31.03.2020 to be uploaded.
- For Other person, ‘Income Certificate’ for the period from 01.04.2019 to 31.03.2020 obtained from any competent Authority not below the rank of Jt. B.D.O/ Executive Officer ( in case of Corporation and Municipality area) is to be uploaded.
- Every applicant must have a bank A/c in his/her name. This A/c may be single or a joint A/c (In case of Joint bank A/c, he/she must be the first holder of that A/c).Once the bank detail is submitted it is final and no request regarding change in the bank A/c number will be entertained.
- The applicants, who have Aadhaar Cards, link the Bank A/c with your Aadhaar Card positively and mention the same in the space provided in the application.
- There are two Educational Districts in addition to23 Administrative Districts in West Bengal. Those are- BARRACKPORE EDUCATION DISTRICT (Sub-Division:- BARRAKPORE & BIDHANNAGAR) & SILIGURI EDUCATION DISTRICT (Sub-Division:- SILIGURI)
- If an applicant is studying in any school under BARRACKPORE or BIDHANNAGAR Subdivision, he/she must choose BARRACKPORE district instead of NORTH 24 PARGANAS or KOLKATA.
- If the candidate is studying in any school under SILIGURI Sub-division, he/she must choose SILIGURI as district instead of DARJEELING.
- Applicant should opt for the district in which his/her school is situated.
❖ Filling up Application Form Online:
Click on the ‘New User Register Here’ link and fill up the personal details along with one Mobile number (a Mobile number used once, could not be used 2nd time for registration) and register. A registration number will be generated which should be noted down along with the password given for future login to the system.
- Login to your account using registration number and password.
- Edit the form and fill in other details and upload scanned copy of your passport photograph. The image file for photograph should be in .jpeg/jpg format and maximum size limit is 20KB. Save the form. The form may be edited till it is locked by you.
- Once the form is complete and correct with all particulars, the same should be locked. A printout of the filled-in application along with the format for Certificate from the Head of the School/Institution (HOI) should be taken out.
- Applicant has to take out the printed application form and Certificate format along with copies of other necessary documents as mentioned below to the Head of the School/Institution (HOI) and get the HOI Certificate signed with official seal and upload the signed Certificate to his/her account along with scanned copy of:
- (i) Income Certificate of Parent
- (ii) First page of B ank Passbook
- (iii) Caste Certificate issued by the Competent Authority, if applicable
- (iv) Disability Certificate (40% and above disability must be certified by the Competent Medical Board of the State Govt./Central Govt.), if applicable
- The documents must be duly authenticated by the concerned School Authority. The maximum size of each scanned document(s) should be 100 KB.
- Then press ‘Finalise application’ Button. Without finalization, on-line form fill up of a candidate will not be completed and admit card cannot be generated.
- Caste Certificate and Disability Certificate are required only for the SC/ST and Physically Disabled candidates respectively. The application submission will be completed only when the Certificate from HOI and other required documents are uploaded, else the candidature of the applicant will be cancelled.
- Candidates are requested to check email which is given in the form regarding acceptance or rejection of his/her application after on line form fill-up from time to time.
- The ‘rejected and unlocked’ applicant will get an opportunity to rectify the application by 06.12.2020
- The candidature of the applicant may be cancelled at any stage of the examination process without any reference if any incorrect information is found in the filled-in application form of the said candidate. Also application form with incomplete/irrelevant information/photograph/scanned certificates is liable to be summarily rejected.
- Notification for downloading Online Admit Card will be given on Notice Section. Please keep checking the scholarship portal for the same and any further information relating the examination.
❖ Examination pattern of NMMS:-
State level NMMSE will be conducted in two sessions on the same day as per details given below:-
|Name of the Tests||Type||Marks||No of Items||Duration (in Minutes)|
|Mental Ability Test||Objective/MCQ||90||90||90 min|
|Scholastic Aptitude Test||Objective/MCQ||90||90||90 min|
Subject: There is no prescribed syllabus for NMMS Examination. Standard of items shall conform to the level of class VII & VIII.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test comprises of the following subjects given below :-
- 1) Mathematics 2) Physical Science 3) Life Science 4) History & 5) Geography.
- All questions in the booklet for the NMMS Examination are objective type. Each Question carries one mark. There is no negative marking in the said examination.
- The decision of Authority will be final in case of any dispute/doubt.