The posts of Work Assistant (Electrical) under P.W.D. shall be filled up by direct recruitment through a competitive examination held by West Bengal Staff Selection Commission.
Published in Public Works Tags: Recruitment
GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
No. 31 dated 25th February, 2016
In exercise of the Power conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution of India the Governor is pleased hereby to make the following rules regulating the recruitment to the post of Work Assistant (Electrical) under Public Works Department, Government of West Bengal:-
The method of, and the qualifications required for, the posts of Work Assistant (Electrical) under Public Works Department, Government of west Bengal, shall be as detailed below:-
(1) Method of Recruitment.- By direct recruitment on the basis of the result of a competitive examination to be conducted by the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission;
(2) Qualification for direct recruitment.- (a) Must have passed Madhyamik or equivalent examination, and
(b) having two years certificate course in any Government reorganised ITI in electrical trade;
(3) Age-limit for direct recruitment.- Must not be more than 40 (forty) years of age on the 1st day of January of the year of advertisement. Relaxation of age limit shall be allowed to the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes (Group A and Group B), Physically handicapped and Ex-serviceman categories as per provision of extant rules of the State Government;
(4) Appointing Authority.- The Appointing authority in relation to the posts shall be the authority as specified in Rule 6 (1) of the West Bengal Services (Classification, Control and appeal) Rules, 1971;
(5) Scheme and syllabus of examination.- (a) The examination shall consist of two parts viz. Part-I and Part-II. The Part-I will carry 100 marks having 100 questions of 1 (one) mark each, comprising of multiple choice objective type questions on English (50 marks) and Mathematics (50 marks). Part-II shall consist of conventional objective and subjective type questions on technical subjects.
NOTE-I,- The Commission shall have the discretion to fix qualification marks in Part-I and Part-11 and the aggregate of the examination.
NOTE-II,- The Commission shall assess the answer scripts on Part-I. Answer scripts of Part-II shall be evaluated in respect of only those candidates who will obtain the qualifying marks as would be fixed by the Commission in Part-I from time to time and the final merit lists shall be prepared on the basis of total marks obtained in the two parts.
NOTE-III,- The standard of examination in Part-I shall be similar to that of Madhyamik Examination of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education and that in Part-II shall be similar to that of two years Certificate course in Electrical Trade at ITI as specified by West Bengal State Council of Technical Education.
(b) Syllabus for Examination shall be as detailed below :—
PART – I
(i) English: Fundamentals of the English Language such as Vocabulary, Grammar, Sentence structure, Synonyms, Antonyms and its correct usage, etc.
(ii) Mathematics: Divisibility, Fractions, Decimals, Recurring Decimals, Simplifications, H.C.F., L.C.M., Partnership, Simple Interest, Profit & Loss, Time and Distance, Areas of Rectangles & Squares, Basic Algebraic equations.
PART – II
(i) Basic electricity
(ii) Wiring systems and types
(iii) Switch Gear
(v) DC Generator
(vi) DC Motor
(viii) Electrical Measuring Instruments
(x) Basic Electronics.
By order of the Governor,
Principal Secy. to the
Govt. of West Bengal.
No. 31 dated 25.02.2016