Department of Housing undertakes various activities mainly relating to the framing and implementation of various Social Housing schemes through the Directorate of Housing and Housing Board.
- New Housing Scheme “Snehalaya” to provide Pucca Dwelling
The objectives of this Scheme, “Snehalaya” is to provide pucca dwelling housing unit to people not owning pucca house in his or her name or in the name of any family member in West Bengal.
- Online Application for Vacant Flats at Akanksha Housing
Online application for allotment of vacant flats for PREMIUM and STANDARD Category under AKANKSHA HOUSING SCHEME, New Town Project, will start from 27/07/2018 onwards and close on 27/08/2018.
- GITANJALI Housing Scheme to Provide Free Shelters
State Government is providing Rs. 70 thousand per house in plain area and Rs. 75 thousand per house at Hill area and also at Sundarban area under this project Gitanjali.
- General Guidelines of Gitanjali Housing Scheme
The Scheme will be implemented in Rural areas on the land to be provided by the beneficiary of his/ her own land/ patta land and must be free from all encumbrances.
- Apply for New Town Project under Akanksha Housing Scheme
Last Date of ONLINE application: 29.02.2016. Application Money: 25000/-, Last date of depositing the application money : 02.03.2016. Mode of Payment: By cash through Bank of Baroda.
- Sale of Flats by West Bengal Housing Board through Lottery
Application Form will be available on sale from 03.07.2015 to 31.07.2015 on payment of Rs. 1000/- only from Banks. Last date of submission of application with all documents is 05.08.2015.
- Eligibility of Group-C Employee on Probation for Govt Quarter
As the Group-C Employee on Probation period is allowed only Basic Pay (including G.P.) and M. A. or only Basic Pay, he/she is not entitled to the occupation of any Govt accommodation.
- Working Womens’ Hostels under Control of Housing Department
Sahapur Working Womens’ Hostel, Gariahat Working Girls’ Hostel, Swayambhara Ladies Hostel, Swyamsiddha Working Women’s Hostel, Durgapur Working Girls’ Hostel under Housing Department.
- W.B. Government Premises (Regulation of Occupancy) Act, 1984
An Act to provide for the regulation of occupancy of Government premises in West Bengal, meant for the employees of the State Government, with a view to preventing unlawful occupation of such premises and ensuring the use of such premises by the persons for whom, and for the purpose for which, they are intended.
- West Bengal Housing Board Act, 1972
An Act to provide for the constitution of a Housing Board for West Bengal and far matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.