Government of West Bengal
Writers’ Buildings, Kolkata – 700001
No. FS/5439/2012, Dated: 06.11.2012
From: H. K. Dwivedi, IAS Secretary, Government of West Bengal.
To: The Additional Chief Secretary/Principal Secretary/Secretary,
……………………. Department, Government of West Bengal.
Sub: Implementation of Workflow based Online File Tracking System (WFTS).
You are aware that Finance Department has introduced web-enabled application software “Workflow based File Tracking System (WFTS)” in all groups of Finance Department w.e.f. 2nd November 2012 to track online movement of files for speedy decision making at all levels.
2. The main features of this application software are: (i) Online receiving of incoming files & documents (ii) Immediate generation of receipts of files (iii) Electronic movement of files through workflow process (iv) Online Despatch of Files (v) Automated generation of Incoming & Outgoing Register and Peon Book (vi) Retrieval of file related information through powerful search facility (vii) Alerts on urgent files where action is required (viii) Easy tracking of time taken for file disposal & despatch at each level.
3. The related software & database is hosted in a highly secured server with disaster recovery facility. The software is made available at Finance Department portal www.wbfin.nic.in. Officials with relevant user credentials only can access the software using a PC with internet connectivity. It is a role-based system with definite work area for each & every authorized users. As this is a web-enabled online application, it will facilitate to track file at anytime from anywhere.
4. All the administrative departments of the state government will be extended the facility of access to Workflow based Online File Tracking System (WFTS) of the Finance Department based on user credentials w.e.f 1st December 2012. This facility will enable the departments to track the movement of files sent to Finance Department and take necessary follow up action.
5. The software is designed in such a way so that it can be implemented internally by the departments & its sub-offices to track movement of files within its offices. Once the master table of earmarked officials (WFTS users) of any department & its sub-offices are entered, all functions and facilities of WFTS system can be used. If WFTS system can be implemented uniformly in all departments & its sub-offices, the government will be able to track any file along with its history of movements from single point of data source. It will in turn also help in implementing the proposed mission-mode project of the Finance Department “Integrated Financial Management System (IFMS)”.
6. A training program for the departments on the application software is being arranged during 4lh week of November 2012. The schedule of training will be shortly intimated to you. Department-wise administrator login tokens (user id & password) of the application software will be communicated during the training session. These administrators in turn can assign login tokens to departmental users to grant access of the application software. NIC will provide technical assistance towards implementation support to the departments.
7. Sh. Apurba Ratan Chakraborty, Special Secretary, Budget Branch, Finance Department (Ph. 2214 4048) will be the administrative point of contact of WFTS system. Sh. Mainak Mukhopadhyay, Principal Systems Analyst/ Scientist-‘D’ of NIC, Writers’ Buildings Centre (Ph. 2214-3206) may be contacted regarding technical issues of WFTS implementation.
8. I would now request you to issue necessary instruction to all concerned under your control so that Workflow based Online File Tracking System (WFTS) is implemented as soon as possible in your department & its sub-offices.
Sd/- H. K. Dwivedi